Need prayers and crossed body parts

TerryJ2

Muttmeister, that is so scary!!!!
Glad he's home and doing better.
Can't help but wonder if the cyst caused the fall, or if there is more going on.
Soooo glad he's okay right now.
{{hugs}}

muttmeister

Thanks for your love and concern. I posted this back in November and I'm not quite sure why it popped up today but just to let you all know, he is doing fine. The doctor felt that the brain cyst or whatever it was will probably go away on its own. In any case, he recovered from the fall and seems to be growing and progressing normally. They did have a visit from CPS and all that that entails but all is well at this point, at least with the baby.
My son is continuing to have his own problems and we are dealing with that. If I were smart, I would probably write them all out of my life but I'm not ready to do that.
Two of the older grandchildren were with me earlier in the summer and the other one who's old enough to come and stay will be here for the next week.
All in all, they are doing as well as can be expected.
Older son took in the 14 y.o. daughter of his ex-wife but she got in trouble and is in a group home here in the city I'm in - son is 3 hours away. So...as a step-grandparent I've been taking her out on weekends and this weekend she has finally earned an over night so I shall have her here. I'm really not too keen on the idea and she has a lot of problems but I can only think what it would be like to be 14, in a group home, knowing my mother doesn't want me, and knowing no one ...so I will do what I'm able. I sometimes wish I were a little more hard hearted (but not really).

pasajes4

It would be lovely to do things from logic and reason only. I believe that we were made to be tender hearted to offset the males of the species unemotional approach to parenthood. That's why children should be raised by both. To establish that balance for the child to have a healthy psyche.