Need Prayers, Board JuJu, Anything You Got

DammitJanet

Buddy ate Tony's wallet about two years ago. Wonder if the money smelled like poop or if he just got mad and wanted to chew up something of his. We never did find any money.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, in Maggie's defense, she doesn't actually "eat" paper......she just shreds it all over the dining room. Like her stuffing from her toys. I would've spotted her in the process. If I leave she is in the crate 99 percent of the time. When I'm in bed, she's in the crate. When the boys are here most of the time she is gated in the kitchen. Some might make it to her tummy, but most of it stays on the floor.

easy child wasn't able to find it either, although she was impressed with my cleaning.

Due to the fact that Travis' money is all there, other things a "thief" might want in the safe were also still there.......that mother in law's very expensive antique diamond/emerald ring was in it's box next to the safe untouched (it's worth a ton of money as is the one I wear) and that nothing else that could've been easily stolen was taken.......I don't see how or why someone would've taken and left everything else. No one even knew it existed except immediate family and that does NOT include katie and M. I never told her about Fred's retirement money.

Soooo, tomorrow we're digging through the trash in hopes that I somehow managed to throw it out while cleaning at some point. Maybe it got caught up in something or whatever. Thankfully Travis has not taken the trash to the curb in about 2 weeks. An icky job, but I hope to heaven it is in there somewhere and we find it. It was just too late to try to do it tonight.

Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts. Please keep them coming. I'll keep you updated.

Tiapet

Old Hand
you posted that you picked some things up yesterday for the kids....any chance for some really strange reason.....where ever that is....that's where it is? Or however you went, that's where it is? (ie, transportation) What were you doing RIGHT before you got those things?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I "picked" them up as in I snagged the deal. Several of those deals got cancelled because the money was gone. I was due to pick them up this morning. We were meeting for the sale part of the deal. I bought Evan's gift weeks ago and it was with money I was paid for watching the boys. I couldn't follow through with the sale because I had no money to pay for it.

Last time I was in the safe was when I went shopping with easy child the day before Thanksgiving. I took 100.00 out in case I needed it. But I didn't wind up needing it because easy child paid me. That money sat in my purse until that evening when Travis and I went out and picked up things we needed. But I remember it because until my keyboard and mouse decided to die on me.....that I'd thought I'd just put the 100.00 back into the safe when I got home.

S

Signorina

It's somewhere Lisa - I just feel it in my bones...

saying a prayer to St. Anthony for you

Oh Lisa, this is awful. Think about exactly what you were doing the last time you went in there, what did you do after that? Would you have hidden it somewhere else? Just for a few minutes? Did the phone ring or something last time you were in there and then you got sidetracked before you put it back? I'm hoping it turns up today.

DammitJanet

Who was in the house from the moment you opened that safe to get the money to get it to go shopping - including family, until you noticed it missing? Count you and Travis out and I think you have your culprit. Even if the person only came in to use the bathroom.

This happened to us on a much less dollar amount but someone stole our full change jar that was in the kitchen several years ago. Supposedly they also got money out of Cory's room too. Im not entirely convinced of that one. Tony thinks it was one person, I believe it was Mandy. Our change jar was behind some dried flowers and if you attempted to move the jar and werent VERY careful the little flowers would fall off all over the counter. I cant see someone else who was just grabbing the jar and making a run for it being that careful but there were absolutely no little flower bits on my counter. That sounds more like a female to me. And like you, none of my computers, TV's or any other expensive things were taken. Not even my laptop walked out the door.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Busy, just because you had such a strong feeling about it..............I checked the freezers. Given how full they both are, no easy task. But it's not there.

We're gathering to go through the trash after while. It's just a tad freezing outside........so it looks like I'll be bringing it inside. ick ick. Guess I should be glad I didn't mop the floors yesterday. lol ugh

I'm also getting to where I believe it has got to be here somewhere as nothing else makes sense. I just can't for the life of me figure out where. *pounds head on desk*

peg2

Hope you find it in the trash, praying for you. My husband does things like that and we once found a paycheck and I believe some cash in the trash. Ucky, ucky...........but if you find it it will be so worth it. Good luck.

DammitJanet

Oh lisa...let me give you the good vibes of what happened to Tony last year.

Last year he had his entire cashed paycheck in his pocket when he went hunting. Dont ask me why he keeps all his money on his person but he does. Well not so much anymore..lol. But on that day he had his money in his jeans pocket and he was also wearing a pair of coverall's so when he stuck his hands in his pockets, he had to go through both sets....somehow his hands stuck on the cash and it pulled out because he hadnt transferred the cash to his wallet yet. He had about 4 $100 bills plus some assorted bills in his pocket.

He got home and took off his gear and for some reason he reached into his jeans pocket and his money was gone. He was panicking. He couldnt figure out what happened until he really thought but finally he realized what he did but it was way too late to go back in the woods. He doesnt come out until after dark. He hunts private land so he was praying he could get there before anyone else the next day and also praying no animal came along and ate it. The next morning he was up at 5 and went out to the hunting land to be there as soon as light started to come up. He walked back toward his stand and sure enough, his money was laying right there where he had been standing. Whew.

I hope that happens to you. Here is sending you good money finding vibes.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have two thoughts on this -

First since you came back to the safe, it's opened with keys and the door was OPEN? THis was your memory, you went to it, took out the cash for the Christmas thing.....took out the envelope, took out the $100, had that envelope in your hand, got distracted, and thought.......(WHAT)......I'll hide it here, for the moment instead of putting it back in the safe......and then had a brain poot.......or SOmeone is coming I don't want them to know so I'll put it HERE......(had a brain poot) had the envelope in your hand and walked (WHERE)........Personally at this point? FOr that sake? I'd go see a psycho therapist and ask to be hypnotized. You're under a lot of PTSD stress, and you WILL remember under hypnosis where you put it.....because you WANT to remember......but right now you're too stressed to remember -----you're brain remembers but your stress won't let you and a pro could unlock that memory. Okay - so that's the good thought.

The bad thought is that you did NOT leave the door open, and NOT to be greedy ------a thief OTHER than a family member and I'm sorry to say K and M came right to mind.....Have gotten a copy of your keys....and unbekonwn to you KNOW about the safe, the money......etc.....and took ONLY what they needed.....so that they wouldn't TIP off the cops.....slipped in, got what they needed, and slipped out. That way----being clever (and no that's not their strong suit) but.....a ring is traceable and basically worthless at a pawn shop because ......well it's traceable) and cash is not. I'd be watching to see if the fantastic family there has a BRIGHT windfall from a lotto ticket or a GREAT christmas - new car......bragging rights on a shiny bike for every kid. Yeah....Can't prove a thing.....but have you thought about asking your neighbors if by chance they saw anyone around your house while you were sleeping? And maybe the dogs didn't bark because WHATEVER???? I don't know. Obviously not my first pick.......of thoughts.

Best of luck to you hon......

DammitJanet

I dont think its K or M this time because they had no clue when or if she would be home. Also the dogs arent used to them anymore. Molly doesnt like M either. If it was going to be M, Katie would suddenly jump into Lisa's life again to lure her out of the house so M could get back into the house.

Oh that reminds me, have you found your house unlocked when you came home at any time when you were out? Well, I guess that might be hard to tell if you leave it unlocked because Travis is there. I dont know if you do or not.

TerryJ2

I'm having an anxiety attack just reading this! I have lost way too many things this way but I've always found them again.

I tend to find things when I stop looking for them, and especially when I start looking for something else.

Do NOT throw our your recycling or trash until you find it. Just saying ... Also, do you read? I called my dr once to get a new scrip because he'd just written me one and I immediately lost it. He reminded me that I was reading a book and voila! There was the script. Now I know your envelope is thicker, but that's the type of thinking I'd be using to track it down.

Ah, just saw this on page 2: Thankfully Travis has not taken the trash to the curb in about 2 weeks.