Need Prayers, Board JuJu, Anything You Got

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I found torn pieces of the envelope in the trash. I evidently didn't realize what I was picking up while cleaning up one of maggies shredding ventures. However sister in law just looked at the pieces and doesn't think there is any way a dog did it plus I didn't find any cash in bits or pieces. (the pieces look as if they've been torn by a human hand and even maggie is not that good they're large pieces) So I think later I'll see if easy child wants to come over and search the rest of the trash. my heart is no longer in it.
blank.gif
:( It "appears" that maggie ate it at this point. But I still find that very hard to believe. If she did eat it, she might have just eaten herself out of a home. Not out of retaliation......but if I'm broke.......... And there is no possible way I removed the money from the envelope and placed it anywhere else, and then trashed the envelope. None. Of course then again, I swore I returned it to the safe and locked it. Some maybe I'm more incompetent that I thought.

No copy of keys. I'm the only one with keys to the house and they're on me at all times. Same for the safe keys. Both keys are in my keys. If Travis wants into it he just asks me. That said, if you really wanted to get into the house and it's locked it's not hard. I could do it easy simply because I'm an ex difficult child and know how to do such things. I was planning on having sister in law put in steel doors front and back with dead bolts for this reason. I just hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Travis insisted on still fixing the backyard fence and adding the 6 ft sections to the front with a new gate for Maggie. So that is what they're doing today.

At this point, I am just totally and utterly defeated.

DammitJanet

Lisa, how many bills were in it? I simply doubt that Maggie could have eaten that amount of cash in one sitting. No way. A few bills, sure. Its now been how long and where does Maggie poop? Backyard? go look. It has to come out eventually. We have a hiding spot with money Tony is saving for his teeth and it doesnt have near the amount you are talking about and it is in all 100 dollar bills. It is rather thick. I think you would have found half eaten bills, or even barf with bills in it.

You are right that Maggie couldnt tear up an envelop in the same way a person could. Someone else did it. You know it and I know it. I believe our instincts are dead on sweetie.

I don't think the dog would leave the envelope if he were into eating paper. He would have eaten all of it. Would the dog eat that much paper? It's just too coincidental that the safe is somehow open as well.
Could it be M? It would be someone who knew of the safe's existence. Could someone possibly get the key? You're at easy child's house all day, would someone know this and also was Travis home all the time? If he was there all the time- it may be there somewhere still. Oh Lisa, I hope this money turns up soon.

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Lisa I am sorry you have not found it. I find it hard to believe the dog would eat all of the cash but leave pieces of the envelope. You might want to call the police. It is very strange they only took your envelope and not Travis envelope. Were the envelopes on the same area of the safe?

tiredmommy

Here's the thing: I don't think a thief would bother taking the cash out the envelope, tearing up the envelope and then throw it away in your trash to be found later. It doesn't make sense! I would have taken the entire envelope off the premises before getting rid of the evidence (the envelope). I also don't believe the dog ate it. Is it possible she's "hidden" it? I'm hopeful that the cash has mistakenly been placed elsewhere and someone saw the envelope laying there, mistook it for trash and disposed of it.

busywend

Thanks for trusting my instincts. Sorry it was wrong this time. I hope you find it. Which saint do you pray to for lost items?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Busy I don't pray to saints. I just brought out my sage this morning and prayed to anyone willing to listen who might be able to help. There are times when I'm not picky, this is one of those times.

I can't begin to imagine how maggie could have gotten hold of that envelope, but it looks like she did I suppose. But her chomping and eating 59-60 bills? Uh, no. That would have been somewhat obvious in some way. I just can't believe she could've possibly managed it without tossing her cookies or leaving some of it behind on the floor. Whatever she shreds is nearly all there........it's just in shredded form. Know what I mean?? It's reasonable I didn't spot the envelope or have it register as I cleaned up her latest mess because my bank uses a mostly white envelope with their logo in the top left corner. She had shredded some notebook paper and an ad from the mail.....along with some fuzz from her bed. It wasn't much but it was not really something that made me pay attention either. White paper, writing or not would not catch my attention. I write on lots of stuff then throw it out. So the envelope blended in so to speak.

I spoke to Darrin today. He was helping sister in law with my fence and came in to get warm. He told me Nana I swear I didn't take it. I reassured him I never thought he did but was hoping that maybe the money had fallen out of the envelop and he'd seen it at least or perhaps connor or brandon thought it was play money and played with it. (yes, I'm getting desperate but one never knows with toddlers) He told me he hadn't seen any money nor had he seen either of his little brothers with any. But he leaves here at 8 in the mornings, so is not here all day.

I am certain I didn't remove the cash to hide it elsewhere. Our system was working well and there was no reason for me to do so. I keep forgetting to ask Travis if he removed money from his envelop the day he and I went to the store, thanksgiving I'm pretty sure. If he did there is a very slim chance he took mine out (moving it out of the way) to get to his and then forgot to return it to the safe and didn't lock it. He has forgotten to ask me to lock it once before and he has no key to do so. That would be another way for it to have been out of the safe. But I just can't conceive of a puppy eating that many bills (dollar bills are thicker than paper and actually a clothish type stuff) without an issue. Oh maybe a much lesser amount probably. But like Janet said, that is pretty darn thick. So I can't even get mad at Maggie at this point because in my gut I just don't believe she did anything more than chomp an empty envelope. And actually probably almost half of the envelope was recovered. So why eat the cash yet leave behind that much envelope? And as far as her shredding goes.....that is pretty typical for her pattern. If I come across shredded bills, then I'll believe she ate it. Until then....well, it just doesn't feel right or sit well.

Right now I'm struggling against a brain on shut down mode. I can't even drum up any emotion over it, which is not good as it means I'm really in shut down mode. I'm desperate enough to try hypnosis if I could find someone who knows how, except it doesn't work for me.......I can't (even if I think I want to) give up that level of control needed to make it work thanks to my lovely childhood. I'm having to hold on to that last memory of what I did do concerning the money, or I'll lose that too. While I don't have an emotional response going anymore.....it will continue to drive me literally nuts until I find out what happened to it. easy child forgot to come help go through the rest of the trash this evening.

Maybe when I wake up in the morning I can stare at the house and try to think of where a 2 and 3 yr old might have put a wad of cash if they were playing with it......... Already checked the toy box, the couches and chairs, under them......... I found 2 toy cows and some cheerios. ugh

Mattsmom277

This may sound silly, it is likely you've checked this option. I thought I'd throw it out there in case you are like me, one to check everywhere else because it would seem silly/absurd to consider an "obvious" angle. Is it possibly IN THE SAFE? As in, tucked in with Travis's money envelope? Or tucked in with other papers that maybe be in a envelope? Could it have slid under something, such as the safe itself or a sideboard table nearby? Under a carpet edge, such as a throw/area rug? I'm asking about other envelopes, because I"m wondering if perhaps you can't remember but were distracted as you were perhaps counting the cash in your envelope or something. And perhaps you shoved it into a envelope, believing it to be yours due to distraction or rush, and it ended up in the wrong envelope. Then, if you had been tidying, and unaware to your mistake, you considered the envelope to be trash unrelated to your money, and tore it up and tossed it into the trash. Perhaps Travis went to take cash from his envelope, grabbed yours by accident and didn't realize it, and accidentally afterward, tucked your cash in with his envelope? It seems to me that the dog would not shred the envelope in the shape and size you found it in, and that the dog would be able to decide 'oh lets eat my way through 50+ bills but leave the envelope aside". It also seems unlikely that someone would have the opportunity (let alone the nerve!) to steal your cash (with conscience enough to not touch Travis's cash) but would leave the envelope behind, in torn up pieces. I'm sending massive juju that you find your money. You must be beside yourself.

DDD

Still brainstorming. Any chance the dog took it outside and buried it? I know it's cold where you live but is there a special area in the yard where it could be covered with snow? Are you sure that the shredded envelope was YOUR envelope? Do you use that table as a stopping point when you come in from shopping? Is it possible that somehow the envelope got mixed in with your incoming mail and put aside for later...or got picked up with pantry items that you stored away? What else might have been on the table?

Try to avoid shut down. Maybe some of the raw emotion would be eased by repeating the Serenity Prayer when you feel the stress mounting. Sending warm hugs your way. DDD

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
I keep trying to come with places for you to search. Did you check the envelope where Travis money is to make sure you didn't place it in there on accident. I know for me I put things some place when I am in a hurry and say I will remember where I put that....then blank out when I got to get it.

It has got to be some place in your house and maybe a new set of eyes will locate it. Also look through all if your papers, cabinets, dresser drawers, old purses (I did that once) .

Tiapet

Old Hand
How about on top of a hutch, on top of refrigerator, top of a cabinet, or under a table cloth edge, under a lamp. The idea about looking in books or magazines are really good. I had suggested under safe the other day (not knowing size). Do you have a stash of NEW envelopes somewhere? Did you perhaps think about putting it in a new envelope and get side tracked and it's with the box of envelopes? I'm still thinking too as I have live with those who frequently loose things all the time and have to hunt.

susiestar

Roll With It
(((((hugs)))))

I hope and pray you can find it. It would not be possible for a dog to hide the bills and not the envelope. The dog would be more likely to go after the envelope because it would smell like you and the bills would not (your hands would make the envelope smell like you, but the bills inside would not).

Let the kids help you search, and I pray you can find the money. I wish I could help, but I often find the more suggestions I get for where to look, the more upset and less effective I am at searching for the money. I am so sorry, and I pray that no one stole the money, that it is still there for you to find.

(((((hugs)))))

SuZir

To me it sounds more likely one of your grandsons took or hide the money than that dog would had eaten them and no shreds or anything would be left. Young kids do stupid, impulsive things and are too afraid to tell later when it has become a big deal. And if the younger ones have hide them, they may not even understand that you are looking for those money.

I would try to ask your grandsons help to look or take toy money and play hiding money with them. My easy child loved to hide our car keys when he was two or three. If asked he denied hiding them and after some pressing told he didn't remember where he put them. Instead of all that the easiest way to find them was take other pair of keys and play hide ans seek with them. The missing keys turned out usually from first or second place there he hide the second pair. And ask your daughter to go through their rooms at home.

mstang67chic

Going Green
What did you get when you were out? Any chance it's stuck to a can or box in your stock pile somewhere? Under the fridge, washer, dryer? Praying and everything is crossed.

DammitJanet

Suzir...That is a fantastic suggestion about playing hide and seek with play money with the littler boys. The youngest two are very little and most likely would have no clue what that amount of money was all about. If they even understood it was more than just "money". I know with Keyana when she was 3 and 4, she would take a nickle over a dime because it was bigger. And any money was just as good to her because it was all money. She was just as happy with a penny as a hundred dollar bill. It was all "monies" to her. I have a sneaky suspicion she has learned differently by now...lol.

The little ones could very easily tuck it away somewhere an adult simply wouldnt think about. They are little. There are all kinds of hiding spaces close to the floor that we dont think about.

katya02

Solace
So sorry to read through this thread and realize what's happened ... I hope the money turns up!!! I can't see that a dog could put torn-up pieces of envelope in the trash and manage to eat all of the cash - unfortunately my thought is that this is a human issue. There are so many good suggestions here that I don't have more to add, but am sending positive thoughts and hopes and sympathy, hoping that this will be resolved happily with the money recovered. Many hugs!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Not found it yet. Not so much of a snippet.

Tomorrow I start in registers. If that doesn't turn it up I'll have the boys help me on tues. I'm sure Darrin is good by now at having some idea of how his lil brothers hide things.

I'm just too exhausted all the way around to do anymore right now. Makes my head hurt after a while. I just thought of another one of Connor's favorite places so I'll look there when I go up to bed. I hope to heaven he didn't pick that register or cold air duct especially. I still might retrieve it if he did but it would not be easy to do so.