Need Prayers, Board JuJu, Anything You Got

buddy

Another obvious place ...forgive if you said you did this already ....the laundry? Anything with pockets includimg pants, outdoor coats, robes? Just offering ideas. My mom always prays to St Anthony too. Crazy how many times she finds things shortly after .

Have you checked Travis's room. Not that he'd steal, obviously, but if the envelopes got mixed up or.the dog or kids brought it in there.

Star*

call 911........call 911
To test the maggie theory? CUt up some colored paper......in a stack about the same size that you lost.....and leave it out for her to mangle/maul and chew and see what kind of mess ANY amount of paper leaves. Not just the envelope. Hound...I know you think you're loosing it? But 6000.00 in cash would LEAVE.........SOMETHING. She's not a spotless eater......and if that is true and she eat every last shred? It will be in her poop. If the pieces are big enough you may be able to (*GROSS WARNING) pick them out, wash them and get the bank to help you with this. Or have home owners insurance help in some way. It may be worth a call anonymously if you like to your local police to see if any other robberies, home inavsions or larcenies have been going on. Some have it on line where you can type in your address and pull it up without calling.

I say this because Ouixa is a NORTORIOUS paper shredder/eater......but SHE LEAVES evidence. Minute at times......but I find it. AND The daily news and Redbook in her droppings.

Star*

call 911........call 911
ANother thing crossed my mind......too. And I'm going to throw this out there. Do you think that maybe one of your kids thought you would BLOW your money on Christmas so they took your money and it will MIRACOUSLY reappear after Christmas.....so you will NOT go overboard for everyone on Christmas? They DO of course KNOW YOUR HEART.

witzend

Lisa, last week I went to the drive through pharmacy and the lady put my license and debit card in the bag when she gave it to me. husband and I searched for five days high and low and in ever pair of pants and in the sofas - EVERYWHERE. I finally donned the rubber gloves and apron and searched the outside trash piece by piece. I actually pulled the RX bag out of the kitchen garbage bag and threw it in the giant outdoor can, then had second thoughts - thank goodness!

Were you going to go shopping at an earlier time and put it somewhere to take with you? Coat pockets, pants pockets, washing machine? I sure hope that you work this out!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Getting here late, you've gotten great suggestions...........just wanted you to know I'm sending lots of good 'finding what's lost vibes' and hugs for your worried self.................

H

HaoZi

Only thing I can think of is to double-check whatever coat you were wearing that day and maybe your vehicle, too. Just in case. I really don't have any advice otherwise, just wanted you to know I'm still following this and praying you find it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I took the toy box apart searching through anything even remotely possible of holding paper. Came up empty. I did manage to get to the dinging room vents. I didn't find the cash but I found all the roofing to the Lincoln logs. I may try with rubber gloves and Travis' or sister in law's arm tomorrow mine is not long enough and I'm afraid of pushing something down further.....it appears to be a favorite stashing spot of Connor's. I got most stuff out, it's just icky down there and once we're sure no cash is in there I've got cleaning to do. omg The things toddlers manage in the moments you're not looking. geez I will take apart the livingroom ones and the one for the bathroom & steps too. He likes to open close doors, is obsessed with it still.

I just think goodness that except for eating he has no access to the kitchen........or it would be even worse.

Star, that's a good experiment and I've got construction paper and may try it. But Maggie has had opportunities to shred/eat whole ad flyers and done nothing more than just shred them all over the room. I've never seen evidence in her poo of either shredded paper or cash. The day I picked up the dining room......honestly, it was not really a bad mess. Oh she had shredded a kroger bag a bit and some computer paper the boys knocked onto the floor, and evidently the envelope.....nibbled at her bed for the fuzz......but it only took maybe 3 minutes to pick up. I only pick the shredded paper up, even when small because with dog fur it tends to clog the vacuum hose which drives me nuts. It was actually a small amount of material......and oddly I'd used a new trash bag for the room because I was cleaning off the dining room table which sits folded up (it's a drop side table) resting up against the wall so the boys don't scratch it. It gets cluttered somewhat......and I am trying to recall what all I put away from there so I can go through and check it all. But it wasn't a lot and any "trash" would have been in that bag I started for the room......I picked up a few trash items in the living room (maggie is not allowed in there except very rare occasions because I'm working on xmas projects and she thinks yarn is a fun toy) then tied the bag up. It wasn't even half full but still made it out with the trash. That one I'd gone through very carefully because I knew it was the one from the dining room.

Unfortunately, if I took that money out of the envelope and moved it I'm losing my marbles. I wouldn't have done it. Not to shop or anything else. I wrote on the envelope to keep track of the money, how much I removed each time, and the reason why I removed it, plus the date it was removed. Taking the money from the envelope would have messed up that entire detailed process.

I did check to see if Travis took money out within the last week but he says no, he was going to use his walmart gift card and his bank card for shopping. And when I think about it that is exactly what he did. So that nixes that theory all to hades.

I suppose someone "could have" taken it but I just do not see how they could have done it. I am here 90 percent of the time. Even when I do leave it's not on a set schedule. Not even when we walk the dogs. We can go fairly early in the afternoon or after dark or not at all for a day or two. I only left the door unlocked once within the past week and that was for 10 mins with the dogs inside. No one except family would've made it past the front door. Katie is not family in Molly's eyes which has been reinforced by not having seen her for a year. M is just plain the enemy. Molly will not take food from strangers, so bribery is out.

You know, I am accepting it's probably gone. I don't like it one darn bit. It's another kick me while I'm down type deal. But if it's gone there is also not much I can do about it either. What is driving me literally insane is not knowing wth happened to it. If I'd found bits and pieces of the cash, I'd at least know that much. If Darrin handed over the money Tuesday morning I would hug him so hard he'd break. Not just because the money was back, but mostly because I'd know wth happened to it. If I reach into a vent and find burned up cash......I at least have an answer. If I could find blobs of cash in dog stool........well, again, I'd have my answer. But it doesn't just up and walk away on it's own accord.

And while my home has suddenly become a sort of weird center for paranormal activity over the past year, I just don't believe some spirit came along and made it disappear. Fortunately I have enough witnesses to such activity to also know I'm not losing my mind. *sigh* Then again I don't have much experience in that area. So who the heck knows. Nor would one of my kids take it for safe keeping. I can indulge during xmas to some extent but I rarely spend hardly anything. Although if that turned out to be the case I'd hug them until they couldn't breathe too.

I just need to know, for my own peace of mind, one way or the other. I need to know that I am not to that point of memory issues yet. Because if it was me, and I'm sitting here with no memory of it whatsoever..........then family I'm in trouble. That is just plain terrifying. In my heart I can't believe that I micro-managed that money for months and then just randomly did something with it and have no memory of it whatsoever. Step into my shoes for a moment and try to imagine that. Especially for a person who had a photographic memory at one time.

easy child filled out my disability paperwork today. in my opinion this is accepting defeat. Maybe I shouldn't feel that way, but I do.

I'll keep looking. I won't be able to stop until I have some sort of answer. Until I know if it was me or someone else.

InsaneCdn

Lisa - I haven't followed every detail of where you've searched, but... I had a distant relative who sleep-walked big time... and he was known to "take care of things" while in that state. One of his favorites was to put stuff away "in bed"... between the mattresses, or between the sheets and the mattress, or in the pillow case... Did you strip your bed down?

flutterby

Fly away!
Roo shreds paper and cardboard, but Luna eats it. Cardboard cereal boxes, soda boxes, paper, anything remotely resembling paper or cardboard. She will eat anything, really, but really likes cardboard. She'll take antibiotics out of my hand. I have to watch what she can get into because I worry about her getting a blockage. I've never seen any pieces of what she eats in her stool, but since money is cloth and not paper, I don't know. All that said, it would take some time to eat that amount, and you would more than likely notice her doing it. It's not like she would gulp it down.

I'm so very sorry this has happened. I know how sick you must feel. And I know that filing for disability feels like admitting defeat. The day I filed was the worst day of my life. I waited too long to file because of that.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Lisa--

I have one last suggestion:

Check between the pages of the phone book, or coupon organizer, or check book, or any flyers/ads that you might have had open that day.

I've lost things this way. I will have my ads out, open the phone book to look for an address - count out how much I want to spend, have everything organized....and then be in a hurry to put everything away and I will end up closing the phone book or the ad right over my cash or something else that is very important.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Done it already DF but good suggestion.

Once I make it through the house just searching, then I'll do it again nit pick cleaning..........and I do mean nit pick, as in white glove type. If it is here, it will certainly turn up during that cleaning. (Imagine Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) type cleaning on steroids)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sending up prayers to St. Anthony! I think it will turn up...I just do.

I wouldn't disregard the sleep walking idea. My sister used to sleep walk all the time and move things around in her sleep and then wonder how it happened. She took ambien and when she stopped, so did the sleep walking. Just a thought, hugs.

DammitJanet

My house is a pigsty but we know where m dogs hiding spaces are when he grabs something he shouldnt and we always find things there. They are creatures of habit. They dont suddenly open doors to closed rooms and hide things where they never have before because they have no clue what they are doing is any worse than anything else they have ever done.

The only other thing I can suggest is to call any of the places you went that day you were out. Its a real long shot but there are some good people out there even in today's times who do turn things in. Also call the police dept and report this. Someone may have turned it in there. I know we always think no one would but some people do the right thing. I know I simply couldnt keep that much money and would have to turn it in. Fact is if someone doesnt claim it, it goes to the person who turns it in so the person turning it in actually is placing themselves in a good position with their conscious.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet I'll call around, but I don't expect to find it that way. I have turned in all sorts of things to the police dept over the years, even someone's bank card and credit cards. It got me an odd look from the officer, but hey, like I told him it wasn't mine and I'd be frantic if I was the person who lost it. I know I didn't take it with me. But it's worth a shot.

I don't sleep walk either. Travis is up most of the night, so he'd have told me if I do.

Maggie doesn't really have a "stashing place". She only has access to 2 rooms of the house 99 percent of the time. The kitchen and dining room. Sometimes her toys will wind up under the buffet or my desk in there. Checked both first thing. Checked them about 4 times now.

DammitJanet

Yeah I know Lisa. Cory lost his wallet with all his ID and some money in it at a gas station about 6 years ago now. Wow didnt realize until now it had been that long! No one turned it in and someone stole his identity. Every so often we find out someone is working under his name in some weird part of the country he has never been in. Like NJ, OK, FL, MN, CA,NM.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I agree with checking with police and all the places you visited that day. My sister was unemployed and upon coming out of the bank found a bank envelope with several hundred dollars. I know she was in bad situation but she took it into the bank and turned it in. Likewise, husband dropped my endorsed full paycheck in a busy downtown area. Someone drove all the way to the hospital on the paycheck and turned it in. husband didn't even know he dropped it. People do the right thing if they are people with character. It can't hurt.