Need Prayers husband having a heart attack

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Not much details right now. husband is in the ER here ready to be transported to dayton to easy child's hospital and the cardiac intensive care unit where she works. His cardiac enzymes were through the roof. Vitals are currently stable though. Had to come home to get easy child and we're meeting him in dayton.

So good thoughts, vibes, prayers would be much appreciated.

I've decided family crisis is now my middle name. :faint:

Will update when I can.

T

TeDo

Praying, rattling, and pretzeling here! I am so sorry you are all going through this. {{{{(((HUGS)))}}}} to you all!!!

crazymama30

Man, it does not rain but it pours in your world huh? Hang in there and hope all ends well. I am glad he is going to a better hospital that specializes in cardiac care. Hugs and prayers.

H

HaoZi

Rattling, dancing, pretzeling and salt substituting to send healing vibes.

susiestar

Roll With It
My thoughts and prayers are with all of you right now! I hope he is better soon. So glad that you were able to see that this was for real and take appropriate action. Hugs and love to all of you

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Update:

Once he got to easy child's hospital he had an echocardiogram and it showed quite a great deal of damage to the interior walls of the heart muscle. So next was an emergency cardiac cath. He has several other blockages but they're not to the point where stints will do any good yet. The heart damage can't be repaired. I'm sure their is a better way to put that, but I'm beyond exhausted as this is my 3rd day without sleep. And, as if the other weren't bad enough, he's in acute renal failure and they've no clue why. But their focus right now is on his heart, kidney will be once he's stable. He's also got Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) going on as well, no surprise there he just never had an official diagnosis.

Right now he's stable but has bradycardia, really slow hearbeat due to the heart damage......not so good. Is on 6 liters of O2, also not good. But he survived the heart cath when easy child was expecting a code to be called at any time. Which is good.

And I'd like to say I recognized it as a heart attack........but I took him to the ER mainly to shut the man up. And I figured if he was that adamant about his symptoms it was probably worth getting him checked that even if it was the esophagus they've give him something for pain......and after 3 days of no sleep and non stop listening to him.......I just wanted the man to shut the bleep up. I know that sounds cold hearted and mean, especially since he was actually having a massive heart attack, but well, it is what it is. That's what happens when you've spent a lifetime with a hypochondriac. It's that whole cry wolf too many times deal. Plus I was exhausted from lack of sleep and his esophagus issues DO mimic heart attack.......and he was burping like a trucker all day long. Burping makes one thing hernia, not heart attack.

If I'd not taken him in, he'd probably not made it through the night. That doesn't make me feel very good. And I'm sure that it will be something he will never let me forget.

Now off to bed to sleep off some of this exhaustion. I'll go see him again tomorrow with easy child. I don't have gas, I don't have money to buy gas. He's in excellent hands. Nichole will probably visit him today......but honestly since he hasn't slept in 3 days either, once he finally gets asleep he'll probably sleep at least 16 hrs himself.

Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers.

Mattsmom277

What a upsetting turn of events. No sense beating yourself up for not knowing it for what it was given the days of no sleep and his history of wolf crying. It is what it is. I'm glad you took him when you did and he sounds in good hands where he is. I hope he's sleeping as you suspect he will do, and I hope you get a dose of much needed rest. We're here for you. I'll keep up the prayers.

tiredmommy

I'm glad he survived, he's lucky to live with a nurse as he recovers and regains strength.

Don't beat yourself up, it happens when someone cries wolf. Luckily my father lived in assisted living when he was crying wolf. They let him go to the E.R. something six times in six weeks before he really was in distress. Each time (except the last) he was fine and the social worker/case mgr and I suspected he was trying to get away from his new roommate. It was so bad that I finished my dinner, puttered around the house and even gave little Duckie a bath before I headed out to the hospital. I only went that time because I called the E.R. and they told me that he actually was in grave condition.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thoughts and prayers are with you, Lisa. Get rest, let the docs do their work and don't beat yourself up. Sometimes hypochondriacs need this kind of experience to see the difference between real and imagined illnesses. Just glad you brought him in, now take care of yourself. Big hugs!