Need school party ideas

slsh

member since 1999
I don't know what happened but I've completely lost control here. Is Christmas over yet? It's Wee's b-day today and I have yet to bake the cake or wrap the presents. OMG.... I'm in panic mode so I come to my dear CD board friends for ideas for Christmas party at school tomorrow (and if anyone can beam a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate sprinkles with more chocolate for Wee, I'd be eternally grateful!!!) :rofl: Procrastination is the bane of my existence!!!

So... we're talking Diva's class, 4th grade - need game ideas, not crafts, if possible. Local drug store is open 24 hours so supplies can come from there - grocery store is open until I think 10:00 so I've got 4 hours there too(minus baking, wrapping, and unwrapping time - hyperventilation).

I'm doing web searches but any ideas would be oh so very much appreciated, and I'll whisper in Santa's ear on your behalf!!! Thank you thank you thank you!

:xmasdec: :snowman:

tiredmommy

Tape the hat on the snowman? Or...
Tape the star or ornament to the tree?
Musical chairs, last one sitting wins a very small prize?
Some kind of Christmas trivia quiz?
Guess the number of candies/cookies/etc in the jar... closest wins the jar & contents?
Sing lots of Christmas carols?
Have someone tell Christmas jokes you've gathered online and printed up?

Star*

call 911........call 911
THIS is SO MUCH FUN - the right left game - someone reads the story - you start out with 2 gifts or prizes - and then make a circle with all the children - the gifts are randomly handed to 2 kids - and then you read the story - they have to listen for the words RIGHT and LEFT - pass the gift right or left and the two kids who end up with the gift - keep it. ITS a SCREAM -

Story Example:
The Right Family Christmas Story Christmas was almost here and Mother RIGHT was finishing the Christmas baking. Father RIGHT, Susie RIGHT, and Billy RIGHT returned from their last minute Christmas errands. "There's not much LEFT to be done," said Father RIGHT as he came into the kitchen. "Did you leave the basket of food at Church?" asked Mother RIGHT? "I LEFT it RIGHT where you told me to," said Billy RIGHT." "I don't have any money LEFT." The hall telephone rang, and Susie RIGHT LEFT to answer it. She rushed back and told the family, "Aunt Tillie RIGHT LEFT a package for us RIGHT on Grandma RIGHT's porch. I'll go over there RIGHT now and get it," she said as she LEFT in a rush. Father RIGHT LEFT the kitchen and brought in the Christmas Tree. By the time Susie RIGHT returned, Mother RIGHT, Father RIGHT, and Billy RIGHT had begun trimming the tree. The entire RIGHT family sang carols as they finished the decorating. Then they LEFT all the presents arranged under the tree and went to bed, hoping they had selected the RIGHT gifts for their family. Now I hope you have the RIGHT present for yourself, because that's all that's LEFT of our story, except to wish you a Merry Christmas,(read this part slowly) isn't -- that --RIGHT?

Marshmallow toss -

Need three laundry baskets and some masking tape for mark on the floor. Sounds easy? NOT with a blind fold on - first person to get 5 in the basket goes against those who also have and those compete for the big prize -

I hate parties where no one gets a prize - so buy up a bunch of pencils, erasers, and stuff to make sure EVERYONE gets a gift. It means a bunch.

DRAW SANTA -

Everyone gets a piece of paper, and a crayon or pencil and has to draw SANTA -but what's the catch? You put the paper on a book and put the book on your head as someone calls out

Draw a circle for the face
Now draw his eyes
Now draw his beard
Nose
Hat
etc.....
it's just a fun thing - no prizes but it takes some time and everyone laughs

FLASH cards - Christmas questions - What continent is the North Pole on? What is the name of the third reindeer santa calls out. What color is santas suit, boots, what color is rudolphs - nose.

Read - Twas the night before Christmas and give everyone a part in the book where they have to make a noise - And all through the house not a creature was stirring not even a (point at the child who is the mouse) and he /she has to make the noise.

Hope this helps -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY w -

hugs
Star