Need soft food ideas

flutterby

Fly away!
Because I'm STARVING.

I've done mashed potatoes, bananas, yogurt, applesauce, pb&j on very fresh, very soft bread; angel hair pasta cooked until tender, rice. And I'm sick of them all now. Do you have any idea how much yogurt and bananas it takes to fill you up?

I need something easy and filling. And I can't use a straw - still not allowed any kind of suction movement because of how this is healing; or, rather, not healing.

Any ideas before I pass out from hunger? :tongue:

flutterby

Fly away!
Oooohhh...I haven't had eggs. That sounds really good. Thanks! I was running out of ideas. Guess my brain isn't working right cause I'm so stinking hungry!!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Pudding, baby food...ok, so that one may take a lot too but the Hawaiian Delight and Dutch Apple Deserts are gooooooooooooooooood! LOL

Ummm....mac and cheese, homemade sloppy joes with the hamburger reeeeally broken up....beans and weenies, chili, lasagna cut up well, spaghetti, beef and noodles (again, with the meat really broken up), pancakes, french toast, buscuits and gravy.

Any of those work?

klmno

I was thinking soup or chilli, too, but eggs sound good, along with mac & cheese. All those should be filling and nutritional.

klmno

Our wally world here has a stuffed salmon for 2.88 a piece. It's stuffed with a smooth (not chunky) crab or shrimp and cheese creamy stuffing and it's delicious. You just bake it a while and can serve it with a spinach stuffed pasta with alfredo sauce. There's a well-rounded meal for about $10 for two. I like mozerella filled bread sticks with it- all are soft.

And there's always a stuffed baked potato or avacodo or shoot, just drink a bottle of wine. LOL!

susiestar

Roll With It
cream soup. rice and gravy. My mom goes for split pea soup. She also does the baby meats for protein and the toddler meat sticks, also for protein. The meat sticks are a slightly firmer baby meat in a light casing. It is easy to peel the casing away.

I confess to starting my mom on those. She was getting all kinds of static from my dad for not sharing his vienna snausages (I am sorry. Those are dog food. NOT people food. Just in my opinion but I am unanimous in that.)

The toddler meat sticks have a lot less crud in them than the snausages.

I hope this passes soon.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
toasted cheese I do the eggs alot pudding jello ice cream cottage cheese applesauce french toast baked potatoes (can top with cheese ect)

I'll have to think on this some more

crazymama30

What about refried beans, rice and cheese? Lots of protein to help with healing. I would try the mac and cheese, and salmon sounds really good too. I would try beans and hot dogs, you could smoosh it against the roof of your mouth or cut it up really small.

Grilled cheese dipped in tomato soup to soften them up more?

Lothlorien

You could probably take just about anything and chop it up with a food chopper (think slap chop guy)....chicken, pasta, lasagne, etc. Anything that's got something moist like a sauce, gravy or mayo can be chopped up really fine with one of those and should be easily swallowed without much chewing involved, without needing to pulvarize with a blender.

flutterby

Fly away!
These are all great ideas! easy child will be grocery shopping for me tomorrow. :tongue:

I don't have a food chopper, but I can probably cut things up to the point that I can eat them without much chewing.

I'm not used to taking pain medications around the clock for so many days and my brain is addled - can't think. Thank you so much for helping me out with ideas!

muttmeister

Fruit jello or jello pudding mixed half and half with cool whip: I eat it even when I don't need soft food.
How about melted chocolate?
Cream soups.
Cheese sauce on anything.
Cream of wheat.
Fruit smoothies.
Pureed squash mixed with sour cream.
Fresh, soft cheesecake.
Deviled ham spread on soft bread.
Custard.
Nutella on soft bread or soft banana.
Beans cooked soft and mashed.
Baked beans mashed up.
Fruit stewed in wine or other sauce and mashed up.
Pumpkin pie without the crust
And my mother's favorite: milk toast (I'd have to be pretty hungry to eat that! LOL)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
My DOG gags at the smell of Vienna Sausages and not only will he eat roadkill if given the option, but he sure as heck can't read the label on a tin of Vienna sausages or potted meat.

Snouts and eyeballs and uteri, etc., don't bother him at all, but he isn't eating any darned Vienna Sausages, LoL

Lothlorien

Pass on the Vienna Sausages! I forgot to mention the deviled ham and chicken...you know those little cans with the little devil on it? They are usually in the same section as the Vienna sausage (that's what made me think of it) Heat up and put on over-cooked pasta.

mstang67chic

Going Green
No comment on the vienna sausages/potted meat. :sick:

Someone mentioned salmon though...I make salmon patties using canned salmon and I think that may be something you can handle.

For my house, I'll buy 2 cans and get about 4 patties out of it. Just drain and clean the salmon (it still has oogy skin and funky stuff on it as well as the spine and ribs) and put it all in a bowl. Mix in one egg, some crushed/ground crackers and black pepper and/or onion to taste. Form into patties and fry in light oil or cooking spray. It really doesn't take long to cook them. Mac and cheese is something I'll make with it sometimes that seems to go well with it. Or I'll do fried potatoes but I'm not sure if you would want to try eating those right now.