Need some board juju... help!

tiredmommy

Duckie is having her 6th annual pool party on Friday and we're forecast to have a 50% chance of showers/thundershowers and a high of 71. I really need it to be dry between 10AM & 4PM, and to reach at least 75. There are 20+ kids coming. Help!!!

H

HaoZi

Doing the not-rain dance for you (but I'm not a good dancer, so it might backfire).

tiredmommy

Hopefully the board will deliver the sun... I've got booze in the house to deal with the drama (after the little darlings leave, of course :winks: )

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well? I hit the booze first and NOW? I'm just a dancing fool........Not sure what kind of weather that will bring - but at the least; should be an interesting pre-party for your little darlings! (You did mention wanting to hire a clown) toss me some balloons and they'll never know that I was the enebriated Aunt.

I'm doing the:sunny:dance for you too! I'll even do the nekkid chicken liver dance and believe me, it won't be a pretty sight, lol... I think I would need a bit of "spiked" punch during the party. After the party, I would need an entire bottle straight up!

:party-mini::sunny::party-mini::sunny: SFR

Marguerite

TM, plan now, for rain. Put detailed plans in place. That uses Murphy's Law to actually reduce the likelihood of rain.

Now, what would be good rain plans?

Well, these are teen girls, right? They are not so predictable, they often like to do stuff that adults wouldn't do. And from my own experience of Aussie summer storms - dancing in the rain is a biggie. So prepare your play list. "It's raining Men" is a good start.

Put plans in place, girls like to dance in the rain down here, in summer. Bubbles are fun, a bucket of bubble mix with a few bubble wands, the kinds you wave around, goes down well. Just be careful of slips in the wet.

Water bombs are good. Set up teams and forts.

My favourite - sit a girl in a chair under a water-filled balloon. Blindfold another girl and the girl in the chair has to yell directions to her. Have multiple set-ups, maybe enough for all to play. The aim is to be the last seated girl getting wet (so you direct your blindfolded partner to other people's balloons!) You can use glitter instead of water if you prefer.

To keep girls dry if they really are wimps, use garbage bags as improvised raincoats. If you buy two different-coloured packets, you can have two teams for raining tug-o-war (across the pool, of course!). Cut a small hole in each corner of the base of the garbage bag (so you can stretch the bag into the arms) and a larger hole in the base for the head.

The more fun stuff in the rain that you plan, the less chance it will actually rain (Murphy's law).

And if the girls look dubious, tell them form me, in Australia our kids, especially our girls, dance in the rain in a summer storm. Just not if it's hailing. We wait under cover until the hail stops, because it stings.

Marg

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
My kids LOVED playing in the rain!!

I let them do it all the time, as long as it wasn't storming.

I did it because as a kid I always wanted to (especially if it was really hot) but my Mom wouldn't let us. My aunt did once and we had a blast. We did at summer camp too. Had shampoo fights......because first we had mud fights. The shampoo was to clean us up after the mud. :rofl:

As long as it's not to chilly, they ought to have fun playing in the rain. An out of the ordinary treat.