Need some encouragement (another weight loss post)

Confused

I agree with Insane, your going to the Dr, your getting things done( and good idea about the brain rewire!( I been reading about that. )You will get answers soon. Im going in the am to fill out paperwork and make my official appointment- and boy do I need a DR! I have my HPV , and having some issues, but, thats why the DR! Its scary, Im scared like crazy at this second for me and now my dads health. For everyone's health mental and physical on this board, and elsewhere.

But you know what? No matter what it is for either of us, any of us, we are going to keep pushing through fine! You have us too, things will be ok no matter the outcome. I think once we keep eating right, have the stress go way down, keep up with our reg appts,any therapy we need, we can be adjusted and/ or fixed :) Just keep telling yourself you will be ok, keep us in your head, and do something for fun meanwhile( try) .. You have a tremendous amount of support just on this board alone...

Nomad

Staff member
I drink a strong cup of coffee when constipated or I take a stool softener like Colace. I have also used Benefiber. Drinking lots of water between meals can also be helpful. Sometimes I have to do a few of these things at once. I have never used a laxative.

Consider eliminating or at least reducing the diet soda!!!

I tend to gain weight when we go to Chipotle. I am super careful, getting lots of veggies, some chicken, lettuce, a tiny amount of cheese. But they too have lots of sodium. I love their food and it's fresh and natural. Now, I'm eating very small portions. husband is trying to lose weight too, so we will split a bowl and if I'm still hungy, I'll have an apple.

There is lots of cancer in my family and my own mom died of it young at age 49. But they say genetics is actually a very small influence. And that diet is a bigger influence than originally thought. My mother smoked and her diet was terrible. She wanted to be thin, which is good in a way, but the way she did it was to smoke and hardly eat. She didn't eat many vegetables for example.

It might make you feel better to recognize that you do have much influence and control and simply lowering your weight in a healthy manner is one step in preventing,cancer. Eating lots of fruits and veggies each day is another. Greatly reducing sugar consumption is yet another. Vitamins ACE and Selenium are well known cancer preventatives, so make sure your multi has them in it. I hope you will give this some thought.

Keep up the good work On your weight loss, CB!

Last edited: