Need some encouragement!

DenitaS

So, I talked to difficult child 1 tonight. From Jail!
They want to hold her till her 18th Birthday and then try her. That is in December!
My husband thinks we should get her an atty so she doesn't get railroaded and I say NO! That she put herself here and it is her problem to fix!
So, which is right and which is wrong??? I am so LOST on this one! :sad-very:

everywoman

She has been so totally out of control for so long. She has never really suffered the consequences of her actions. It is time (in MYHO) to let her see the life she has chosen for herself first hand. She is safe. She is fed. She is clothed. If she gets out, she will return to her old ways. If you feel you need to hire a lawyer, then do so. But only because you want to, not because you think she'll appreciate it. She won't---at least not for long. The state will provide her with an attorney if you don't. I know it's hard to sit and do nothing. Take this time to recoup. Take care of yourself and the baby. Get some help for your youngest daughter. Hugs.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Consequences, once our difficult children become adults, are a bear. Especially if the system hasn't been consistent in consequences all along.

It's your & your husband's call. It may be time to sit down & have a real heart to heart.

As difficult child is an adult it may be time to detach & begin your own lives ~ put order where there was once chaos. Beauty in place of the ugliness of GFGdom.

I'm not saying totally desert her - just let her live out her consequences.