Need some ideas

mstang67chic

Going Green
I had my monthly library board meeting this evening. One of the things brought up was that we (the board) should do something to recognize the library staff for their hard work lately. We (the library) are putting the finishing touches on a multi-million addition and the staff has really gone above and beyond.

We are all going to brainstorm and present ideas at our next meeting and I'm kind of stumped. All I can come up with are the usual.....appreciation breakfast/lunch, small gift baskets, etc. I need some fresh ideas and who better to ask than you guys!

One thing to consider.....it's very rare, if not unheard of, for the entire staff to all be at the library at one time. Even when there are staff meetings, they do it twice. So....it needs to be something that can be done in shifts so to speak. We do have a budget also. I'm not sure of the exact amount but I would guess that we have at least 200-300 dollars to play with on this. (Also....while the majority of the staff are women, there are a couple of men on staff)

Ideas?

Andy

A framed picture of the addition - doesn't have to be large or expensive - digital cameras take very good pictures and you can find very nice smaller frames. If you get a double frame, you can put the picture on one side and write a gracious thank-you on the other side.