Need suggestions to thank my mom.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Since mom came down to pick up my world when I was sick after surgery, she realized first hand what living with difficult child is like. Since then, she's been coming down 2-3 days a week, helping me catch back up around the house and (the best part) taking difficult child to school in the morning (which is usually a big fuss). I thank her daily, but words aren't nearly enough.
MY attitude is better, I'm able to get to some of those "extra" projects when I have a little extra time instead of just cramming in more endless housework, when difficult child's therapist recommended a reading book with pictures of things familiar to difficult child, I was able to sit down and make it on the computer one evening without staying up half the night getting this "extra" done...I just can't begin to thank her enough. I even found last night that I was enjoying working with difficult child's new dog...teaching her some basic obedience because I wasn't ignoring a hundred other things that NEEDED to be done to do this.
My mom is a practical woman. Cut flowers aren't her thing. "Stuff" isn't her thing. But I need to do something for her to thank her for this, because this is HUGE.
Any ideas?

DammitJanet

I am enthralled by those new edible arrangements. I want one so badly! I am getting one for my dad for Fathers day because he has everything else he could possibly want...lol. They are just cut up fruit and strawberries (some cut into shapes) and then arranged into a really lovely arrangement. Some have chocolate dipped on them. They arent too awfully expensive either.

Have I mentioned I want one?

Abbey

Spork Queen
To me, one of the best gifts are the most simple. It could be a hand written card or a lovely dinner.

My best gift that I've received in years is what my daughter gave me. She made one of those fleece blankets (extra large as I'm tall). There is not a night that I don't go to sleep snuggled in my blankie than I don't think about her. I feel so comfy.

Abbey

klmno

What does she like to spend time doing? Could you take her out to eat- just the 2 of you? Or give her a night out with a friend? I had a hard time figuring out what to do for my mom for mother's day. I finally got a basket and put several movies in, a couple of books, a small container of chocolates, nuts, popcorn, and some cookies that difficult child made.

F

flutterbee

I think a heartfelt letter and time together - just the two of you - dinner or a movie or shopping, whatever. Mom's like that stuff. I know I do.