Need "The Sopranos" experts...

DDD

husband and I (+easy child/difficult child) watched the first five seasons and really enjoyed it.
The 6th season isn't available easily so we put it on hold. Well today we
turned the TV on and Season 6 was playing...we missed the lst and/or 2nd one since we hadn't anticipated it would be on.

Here's the problem. According to the cable guide we were watching the final episode of season 6. Then it abruptly stopped and CSI Miami began.
:(

So.....I need to know if the season ending show finished with Tony and his wife/son sitting in a diner waiting for the daughter. She was shown having a hard time parallel parking her car and THEN it ended. We don't know if they just cut the ending music and the season left you in suspense or if something else happened that the channel cut off. Help.

We're dying of curiosity! DDD

That is exactly how it ended. It's up to you to use your imagination. I recall when this was on, actors were saying that everything you need to know was in the episode. Do you remember in the begining of the show- I forget who- but some people were wondering if, when you die, everything just turns black. I think it's supposed to allude they were killed in the restaurant. I think. I wish it had a better, and more definative ending.- Alyssa

donna723

Nope, that was it! That's how they ended the series ... just left it up to your imagination! Was the sleezy-looking guy who seemed to be eyeing Tony getting ready to do something or was it just a coincidence followed by a nice family dinner in a diner ... ? It was a huge let-down - I thought it stunk! Of course, I didn't want to see Tony get killed either, but it still struck me as sort of a cop-out!

Lothlorien

It seems everyone HATED the ending. They've left us hanging with the thought that there might be a movie coming out and there hasn't been one. All of us NJ folk are really annoyed!

witzend

Thanks, guys. I'm off to share with husband and easy child/difficult child. DDD
There was lots and lots in Season Six that you will want to see that led up to that diner moment, though! I loved every moment of that program, but thought the ending totally inhaled.

donna723

I loved it too and I miss it so much! I don't think I missed a single episode and some I watched over and over again. But after having main characters falling left and right during season six, there wouldn't have been too many left to make a movie out of it!

I think it was so good because the characters were so fully developed! You didn't just see them as heartless mobsters, you got to see them as real people with wives and kids and the history behind them. Even the worst of them had some good in them too. And honestly, most of the people they 'whacked' were much worse than they were and deserved it! Remember "Ralphie"? :surprise: But I always wished they had gotten to the guy that attacked Tony's psychiatrist in the parking garage! HUGE disappointment to me that they didn't!