Need to shake the blahhhhs

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I am not really depressed just blah.

easy child will be 16 soon. difficult child 1 18 and graduating in May. I see positives in their lives.

difficult child 2 we have 3 years 5 months and 6 days til he is 18. No not counting on that one at all.

Sadly I see so little positive for him. I just want to be done (yeah right) with all of the stuff involved in maintaining his warped world.

Then we have my darn difficult child house. Yes a house can be a difficult child. We are redoing it. However the problems we discovered in there we much more extensive than we thought so it is taking much too long to get it done.

I do a few things for me but right now I sit here (with the heating pad on because I pulled a muscle in my back swinging the darn sledge hammer--no not at anyone but at the old shelf) and ponder where I am and it just makes me feel blah. I am not young anymore but not old either.

I don't get it. I get angry so often or depressed about things. Even anxiety I am familiar with but this is just wierd (more so than regularly).

Blahhhh

Beth

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Beth,

Hate the blahs...really hate the blahs. Everything is so very boring - cannot bring myself to care about much.

If I let it go too long it really develops into a deep depression.

And saying that, I'm sorry you're in the midst of the blahs. If you were hungry I'd advise you to try a spicy new recipe; or have a new margarita you've never tried.

And I know that isn't the answer. You're in Iowa - are you having the same gloomy, nonstop rain we're having here in MN?

Sorry - I haven't much to offer. I just have to get to the other side of the blahs. For me, it's a matter of waiting it out & maintaining daily life.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> difficult child 2 we have 3 years 5 months and 6 days til he is 18.
</div></div>

:rofl: :rofl:

You're not looking forward to that are you??? :smile:

I hate the blahs. Mine can be weather related, but I've been having them of late and our weather has been gorgious.

I think at least part of my problem is that all my life I've waiting for all my kids to reach that magic age of 18....dreamed of them moving out so I could have both my house and my life back, so to speak. And it just didn't work out that way. I'm having to adjust.

Then due to circumstances I didn't get to go back to school this quarter. I find I actually miss it. I'll be there next quarter though with bells on. lol

When the blahs are really bogging me down I like to do something off the wall to shake them loose. My fav is to go to antique shopping for a whole day. Now I can't afford to buy, mind you. But I love that stuff. Usually perks me up.

Hmmmmmm. I may be headed out to do just that tomorrow. lol :rofl:

I hope the blahs release you soon. You too Linda.

Hugs

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Well, Beth, I guess that you & I are just going to have to meet half way for :coffee: & a long chat.

Lisa a bit too far east to join us - but heck, her kids are adults & she's not in school. She can drive through the Chicago area, pick up slsh, head up to Madison & kidnap wiped out (you can't get her away otherwise) & we can all meet for coffee. Irish coffee & margaritas. With Gin Blossoms, Bloody Mary's & any other CD board members who might have the blahs (I call them the blues). :crying:

Last CD member who hit town was Abbey, I believe. Coookie & I took her to Mall of America to a very classy dinner at Hooters. :smile: Let's all go to Hooters. We can get our picture taken with the Hooter girls. (It's humbling - my hooters hang down about my knees. :surprise: :smile: Okay, not quite. :lipstick: )

Then we can hit the driving range & hit a few buckets of balls; I'll play Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen on the piano & we can cry rivers of tears. Wait, there isn't a piano at the driving range - never mind. :crazy:

Beth, I believe I need sleep - kt would tell me I'm getting punchy. Punchy is good. Silly & goofy is good.

by the way, who has Raoul? He should show if we're all going to Hooters.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
You know if I thought I could get away with it I would jump in the car right now. But husband might question my leaving at 1:30 in the morning. I went to the Mall of America 2 months before I met husband and his kids in 2002. She and I had so much fun.

Course if he knew I was going to hooters he would hide in the car somewhere to go too. Not that he and I couldn't both use the break but alas I am not certain he could let easy child stay by herself for a couple days (and I would insist on being gone that long) ahhhhh just thinking of a hotel with a hot tub. Then meeting knew friends that actually speak the same child language.

Hmmmmmmm. Might just have to plan this after the first of the year to celebrate his and I's anniversary late. Sorry planning something like that is a good way to shake the blahhhs.

Beth

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sounds like fun-I'm not opposed to being kidnapped right now-I could really use the break!!

Beth-I hope you are feeling less blahhed today!

Star*

call 911........call 911
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT A difficult child HOUSE-----

23 years old and definitely not the pride of the fleet.

The day after we signed - the foundation sunk in and we had to have $5500.00 worth of piers put in. Well when they did THAT they cracked the brick, and cracked the patio slab. So we decided to take that patio out. When we did THAT, DF drove the backhoe over the existing fiberglass septic tank and sunk the rear wheels in kaka. Nothing doing pulling it out we finally had to hire a tow truck to come in and do that. The tow truck pulled so hard on the back hoe it cracked the frame and it had to be welded. The septic tank had to be dug out by a professional and DF decided that 'we' me, him and 11 year old difficult child could put a new 3 ton concrete one in and save money. Well the hole wasn't deep enough and the men had left, and we couldn't get the dang thing out so we had dig around and under it to get it level and right. THEN we had to find a place that would take the concrete from the patio and no one would...so it sat for 6 years until I borrowed a back hoe and dug up my entire field and planted concrete.

My master bathroom shower floor fell in, we tore it out and it's still torn out - the positive is I can see dirt when I open my bathroom floor. The dining room walls only had paneling on them and we tore that down 7 years ago and put up sheet rock which is in every picture from the time that difficult child was 10 to now's birthday pictures. And we decided to panel over 1/2 on the bottom and now the sheet rock & paneling stick out farther than the door casings do so we either replace the door casings and the double french door (weighs about 400 lbs) OR we tear out the sheet rock, buy MORE paneling and leave it like it was when we moved in.

And don't EVEN get me started on the crack head and the coke head who came out and got us for $2000 plus on the unfinished aluminum siding and room addition which lets squirrels into the attic and I am sure ....a racoon. Which led to DF drilling a hole in the wall of the den to insert a tube and blow cigarette smoke in the walls to get the squirrels out, and then I went up into the attic access after we moved the wood stove and the flue, and then had to replace THOSE pipes - and while up in the attic I fell and stuck my foot through the ceiling in the den which there is still a hole there.

Care to feel better now? NOT TO MENTION that DF is a packrat and borderline hoarder of junk and my front yard and field look like something out of Martha = the back yard, garage and stables look like......BEVERLY HILLBILLIES.

sigh.....exhale.......thanks I needed to relive all of that.

Feel any better? And now you know why we call our "ranch" the
Dragon @$$ Ranch. It's certainly not because we're energetic about a dang thing.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
You know I feel better. We just got back from Home Depot or should I say where I deposit my checks. I had a list of all the things I needed for tiling the floor. Would husband go and get what he needed for plumbing and drywall. Nope had to wait with me and then spend forever trying to decide what he wanted. And they think women are awful shoppers. One step at a time. The blahs aren't so bad today. I mean how can you be blah when you wave good bye to your money. Must enjoy that. Today it was the difficult child home depot that made things difficult by not having the right color grout. Oh well I changed what I was getting and adapted. Amazing what you can do when you have learned to deal with difficult children.

BEth

Star*

call 911........call 911
Amazing what you can do when you have learned to deal with difficult children.

AMEN SISTER - AMEN.

And I STILL find myself telling God "But I don't NEED to learn to be any more patient - arghhh, fit, fit, twist face," and then realize - well maybe I do.

-But seriously how much patience can one person POSSIBLY need for this life or the next? :hammer: