need to take some opinionsPoll on children bathing

ShakespeareMamaX

Alright...I need to take some opinions.

I need to know:

Is it OK for an 8 year old boy and a 2 year old girl to bathe together?

I'll leave it at that and answer questions along the way.

Thanks for your time! :salute:

tiredmommy

My name is tiredmommy, and I'm a prude. An eight year old boy and a two year girl are at such different developmental stages that bathing together probably isn't advisable unless absolutely necessary. Just my .02.

F

flutterbee

I probably wouldn't be comfortable with it either. Depends on the kids.

I've tried to picture every possible combination of boy and girl (6 years younger) that I know, related or not, in a tub together. With and without parental supervision.

My answer is no.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Can't picture it either... sorry. My girls are only 3 years apart 6 & 3 yo and they don't bathe together, because they fight and like their space...

Boy and girl with that age difference... no.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Too large of age difference. Nope. Not a good idea.

Maybe I'm a bit prudish too, but once my kids were 2 yrs they bathed only with the same sex. And even then if the age difference was more than say a yr, then no.

I have a friend who makes her 11 yr old son shower with her 7 yr old son. Honestly, I've spoken to her repeatedly about it. I don't think it's appropriate. Plus you'd have to be blind deaf and dumb not to notice the 11 yr old is VERY uncomfortable with the whole thing. The 7 yr old is developmentally delayed, but older brother is hitting puberty and is embarrassed.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I think 8 year old boys may be at a developmental age when it is uncomfortable for HIM, not necessarily the 2 year old girl. She may point or ask questions about his privates that make him feel strange or uncomfortable, you know? I think he's at an age where he will become more modest and desire some more privacy.

And the 2 year old should be able to enjoy a playful bathtime on her own.

AllStressedOut

Gotta vote no on it too. I think the 8 year old should be showering along and the 2 year old needs parental supervision. The age gap is too far apart.

Lothlorien

No. My daughter is 7 and son is 4. I wouldn't allow them to bathe together either.

At age 8, he needs his privacy and should be allowed to shower on his own. There shouldn't be a need to bathe them together. My 7 year old showers with occasional help from me with her hair. She's been doing so, since she was about 6 1/2.

On_Call

I guess I would have to also vote "no" on this one, too. I can't really remember a time when our munchkins shared a bathtub - they're 3 years apart. First, difficult child was too active a toddler to be in with baby easy child - and then, difficult child just seemed to old to be in with easy child.