Need your opinion

Edward B. Artiaga

New Member

I’m going through the toughest moments of my life. I got married in 2010. My life was going smoothly enough but suddenly had to face some unexpected situations. It really turned my life upside down. Last November, we had some issues in our family. And that turned into a fight. My wife couldn't agree with my opinions. Finally, she left me. Now she is living with her parents. We are facing a nasty divorce now. But in between, she also filed a case against me saying that I had physically tortured her. I was really surprised to hear that. It is not true. I have never tortured her physically by any means. I know that she alone can't do this. I think her divorce lawyer put her up to this. The case was charged by the police based only on her words, without hearing my side. How will I be free from this case? I’m planning to hire a defence lawyer for this. But, is that the only solution? Any other suggestion?

I need some quick replies so that I will be free from these tensions. Thanks for hearing my story.

pigless in VA

Well-Known Member
Welcome, Mr. A. Please consider changing your screenname to something more private and less identifying. I am sorry that you are going through the breakup of your marriage. I don't think you can be free of the case. I definitely think that you need to retain a lawyer. Even if your wife weren't filing charges against you for a serious crime, you would still need to get an attorney to help you with the divorce.