Neighbor's son just hit by car in front of our....

VLong

house. :sad:

Our neighbor's are across the highway (two lane) and down one house. Travis was walking in front of our house and was hit by a pickup, we think. The driver did not stop. husband told Travis and his friend a little while after we moved here 2 years ago that they could cut through our yard on their bikes (we have an acre right on the highway) so they would be away from the cars. Well, about an hour ago I heard what sounded like something hitting a dog or deer and went out to our screened in porch. Two cars had stopped and Travis' mom and dad had just pulled up. It was pure chaos and no one had a cell phone so I ran in and called 911 while husband directed traffic with a flashlight. It was horrible!

The paramedics got here within about 2-3 minutes as they were at a demo derby in our dinky little town and the life flight helicopter was here within 15 minutes. husband is pretty shook up, as before he started directing traffic he went over to make sure he was breathing. He looked so small and frail. He has head trauma and other broken bones.

Please say a prayer for Travis and his family. I don't know the family, but he is a sweet kid. His older brother came right before he was put on the helicopter and he was very, very traumatized. I thought they were going to have to take him to the hospital, too. It's just awful all the way around! I can't get the image of him lying in front of my house in my grass out of my head and I keep putting myself in his mom's place...I can't even begin to imagine her pain. I just keep praying and praying he makes it to Children's Hospital in St. Louis and that he will be alright eventually.

I know the power of this board and had to come and ask for the good thoughts and prayers to head his way...

Thank you all!
Vicki

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Vicki

Knowing that experiance personally.....

Praying hard and fast for Travis and his family.

Please keep us updated.

((hugs))

OMGosh, this is awful. I am so sorry that it had to happen at all and also right in front of your home! Prayers being said right now for all involved!

Please update us when you can. By the way, how old is Travis?

Hugs and prayers,
Vickie

TerryJ2

Oh no! My thoughts of strength, healing and calm go out to Travis, his family, and yours. That is so awful and so traumatic.
I'm glad help arrived quickly, and the helicopter is a boon, because it goes over the highway traffic much faster, and to the best hospitals.

Many heartfelt prayers are being sent to Travis, his family and your family. It sounds like he has gotten to the hospital within the "golden hour" and this can make all of the difference in the world.