Nephew hits parked cars; blames easy child 1!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I’ve talked about husband’s nephew some before – we don’t hang out with his sis and nephew much anymore cause we basically don’t agree with a lot of the behavior that husband’s sister thinks is no big deal (drinking and driving, cutting school to smoke pot (its JUST pot, she says), etc). He dropped out of college and had no job for months. Sis and husband’s mom were handing him gas and running money. She's let the past 3 girlfriends move in (all have been still in high school).
He’s had a job the past 6 months or so. Seems to be doing a little better, tho drinking and driving is still an issue. I have been hesistant to spend too much time with them, but easy child 1 had been hanging out with nephew again here lately. Said he was doing a lot better.
Nephew and my big boys have a lot of mutual friends. Small town, same age, etc. They were both invited to a wedding last night.
Nephew got really drunk, dumped his girlfriend at the reception, and was showing off in the parking lot and hit a van. Damaged his car and the van. Reported it to the van owner (not a local) and used easy child 1’s name when he told the van owner who he was! The bride eventually figured it out when the van owner pointed at nephew in the crowd and said “He’s the one. He said his name was easy child."
easy child is furious and rightfully so. He called nephew’s mom to come get nephew last night, but easy child knows nothing will change - nephew's mom will do nothing. She almost seemed angry to have to come get him, but in my book, hey, she lets it happen without consequence... She has her own DUI charges, so I guess it runs in the family.
I think we may skip holidays with that side of the family this year. Its always bad. This isn’t setting it up to be any better. I like my husband, but I’m ready to ditch him just to avoid all the cr@p we get from dealing with his family. (kidding – kinda)

TerryJ2

Aiyaiyai!!!
So sorry.
I agree, I would skip the holidays with-them. I'm all for peace and calm and accountability.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I would skip the holidays with them too. If I were easy child I would be furious. I'm just glad nephew didn't get away with it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yep. Skip the holidays with them. You deserve peaceful holidays that are fun.

Glad easy child didn't take the rap.

((hugs))

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
At this point, I am thinking I will just make plans to go with easy child for the holidays. I'm so sick of that whole family I could puke. I know husband's ex isn't one of the family, but she's just like them, and I'm sick of dealing with her, too.

Its making me question what kind of person I am.

janebrain

I would stay away from this as much as possible--at holidays and any other time! DO NOT question what kiind of person you are! Would you have anything to do with these people if they weren't related to husband? No, you would not. They are his relatives, let him visit with them if he wants.
Jane