Nervous about phone

JKF

Last night and today difficult child has been texting and calling me nonstop. Nothing bad. Just silly stuff but my major concern is about the phone he's using. He said he bought it from someone yesterday for $3 and activated it himself. Hmmmm can we say red flag??? I looked up the number online and it's registered to some guy in PA where difficult child is currently residing. I'm nervous about this whole thing because this is the same situation that difficult child gets into all the time and I have a feeling that something's just not right. The director at the shelter where he's staying is very nice and helpful so I'm wondering if I should text her and ask her about it or just leave it alone since difficult child is an adult and can make his own decisions. I'm doing a fairly good job at detaching but it's still hard when my instincts tell me something is going on.

What should I do?

JKF

After some thought - I've decided to stay out of it. He knows what will happen if he steals or gets involved with anything shady. Its his choice to make the right decisions. Me tracking his every move and checking up on him is not going to help with anything. I've done a good job of detaching a bit and I don't want to take a step back. He's an adult and he can make his own decisions and whatever happens so be it.

S

Signorina

Hi! I think you are on the right track with your own answer above. I mean really - what else can you do? I just wanted to say hello and acknowledge that I know how you feel. I check up on my difficult child too and I hate seeing things that put my instincts on high alert. Especially since my instincts are usually right. It's an awful feeling - and doing nothing completely goes against our ingrained maternal judgment. So, yes - do nothing. I know it feels awful to standby, and I want you to know that I get it. {{{hugs}}}

JKF - I sympathize with not knowing what to do. When we have these difficult child children I think we feel like that a lot of the time, at least I know that I do.

I think you made the right call and hope that your difficult child makes good decisions for himself.