NERVOUS TUMMY/PEE PEEING EXCESSIVELY.....?'s

Hi.

I have some questions for you all that you may not know, but hey, I'll give it a shot and someone might.

I have a 6 yr old daughter, she has anxiety and sensory issues. No medications, no therapy etc. She is in public school and has some sep. anxiety that has gotten somewhat better.

Question number 1- people with anxiety, do they typically have nervous tummies? She has a nervous tummy I think. But I don't have anxiety so I don't know what its like or anything.

Question number 2- she has been pee peeing a lot lately. The nurse from the school called and said she was concerned because difficult child had used potty 4 times within 45 mins. and she was complaining of hurting on her left side. Well, that was it and hasn't complained anymore, said she felt fine. This is very unusual for her. She told me that out of the 4 times, she pooped once. difficult child told me that... so since Friday, I have paid more attention to it and yes she is peeing alot! So I am taking her in for her physical because it was due 2 weeks ago anyways, and going to have them check her urine and check her hormoce levels. She is also growing, more mature, moody, and has to wear deoderant because of stinking under her arms. So I am going to ask for them to check her levels also.

What does this sound like to you???

Thanks Jessica!

The very first thing that popped into my head was either a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) or a bladder infection. You know how it makes you constantly feel like you have to use that bathroom. And a kid would not be able to differentiate. Plus that would account for the pain in the side.

Definitely get her to the doctor. Poor kid. Hope she feels better soon.

Sara PA

It sounds to me like she should have a pretty thorough physical exam.

ETA: Good call, BBK. Urinary tract infection sounds like a good first thing to check.

It doesn't burn for her to pee and there is no pain. The only pain was the other day and it hasn't been mentioned since. Its like her urine is normal, but its excessive. ???

Thanks to you both!
Jessica

BusynMember

I'd check her for a urinary tract infection anyways. It doesn't have to burn all the time, but it's worth the check up. It can get worse and painful. Also, do you know if Omegas can cause extra urination. Remember, even natural stuff has side effects.
I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) (and a host of other things) and, as a nervous child, I had upset stomachs all the time.

smallworld

Nervous tummies are definitely a symptom of anxiety. That's how both my girls present when they're anxious and not properly medicated.

In addition to checking for a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), you should have your daughter's glucose levels checked. Diabetes can cause thirst, which in turn can cause excessive urination. If everything physical checks out normally, you should be aware that anxiety can also cause frequent urination.

Hope you figure everything out soon.

BrettsMomgonenuts

I agree as well, but this is the 7 year old right? already having hormonal changes? isnt that considered precious puberty? I did start puberty and my period at age 9. my sisters were very young as well. my ten year old daughter is going through the beginning stages of puberty. its not fun, let me tell ya. :princess:

DammitJanet

Anxiety can cause excessive urination...boy can it!

I had to have an MRI on Friday evening and I am extremely claustrophobic. Not only that but I have huge panic attacks even thinking about that stupid machine.

My doctor simply must not have understood the level of my paranoia because he only ordered me 10 mgs of valium. HAH! That didnt even make a dent in my anxiety. I didnt feel a thing. I kind of figured that would happen so I took along 4 of my .5 klonopin's. I took them too. We get to the office and I filled out the paperwork and when I realized I still wasnt a bit sedated and was panicky, I took 2 of my 7.5mg loricet's. When I told the lady doing the MRI what I had taken she was astounded and said they could have done surgery on her if she had taken all that.

After saying all that...I was peeing...about every 10 to 15 mins from 2 hours before the MRI.

TerryJ2

I agree. It could be a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), and Omegas, for the urination issues. The pain could be irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), which I have, and had as a child. She'll need to stay away from deep fried foods, etc.
Either way, she needs a physical.
Take care.