Netflix

N

Nomad

Ok, I'm behind the times.
Who has Netflix and what do you think of it?
How does it work? What does it cost? Do you like it?
Right now, we either go to the Little Boxes in the food store ($1) rental or we have some that we can buy via cable tv.
But, using this system, we don't have access to any old movies, etc.
What do you know???
Thanks.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Love Netflix - I think (SO pays the bill) that its like 9.00 something a month. The neat thing is that I can watch it on my IPad while SO is watching it via the XBox on TV or on his computer. I love documentaries, foreign films, British shows, old classics and he is into war stuff and horror films (Ugggg) so its well worth it for that price all you can watch.

Marcie

witzend

I have a streaming subscription and a disk subscription to Netflix. I love love love the streaming movies because I get lots of the oldie but goodies, and a good selection of BBC programs. You can watch your streaming videos online, through a Wii or Playstation, and you can watch more than one video from more than one device at a time. That cost is $7.99 a month.

I have the disk service as well, but have kind of run out of programs and movies that I am currently interested in. I may sit with the list for a while and see if there is anything else I'm interested in. For $7.99 a month you can have one disk at a time at your house. When you're done, you mail it back to them and they usually get it the next day and turn around and send the next thing on your list to you. So, if you mail a disk back on Monday, you'll usually get your next disk on Wednesday.

For both the streaming and the mailing programs, they make suggestions to you for things you might enjoy based upon ratings that you leave for movies that you have seen.

Mattsmom277

I pay $7.99 for streaming Netflix. We love it. We can use it on our iPhones, via the Xbox, wii, computer. We can watch different programs when we want in different rooms. We love the selection even though we don't get the same selection as in the US. It is a cheap form of entertainment that has something for everyone and for every mood. They add content regularly. The complete series from tv shows is great for those series we didn't watch when they were televised. It's great to watch from season one until the series end, without waiting week to week. Great programming for little kids too. I also like that you can access when traveling as well.

DammitJanet

We got netflix free from a friend of ours because Billy installed it on his computer. you get so many accounts with your netflix account and he gave us two. one of our main tv and one for billy to use on his kindle. LOl