Neuro-psychiatric Report Arrived......

DDD

I am really happy to have my position validated. In 2004 when they did the last one, the diagnosis was a rather scarey personality disorder with the diagnosis to be verified upon adulthood. :nonono:
It's a long story about how it came about but the experts judged
a specific strange behavior that day as a recurring behavior. Not

Anyway, difficult child at 16 is finally correctly diagnosed on paper as
ADHD and Aspergers. I can now exhale and focus on getting all the supports possible for him. Whew/Phew! DDD

nvts

Good news! We've been on that diagnosis for a long time and I'm getting my ducks in a row for the new school year. Found a great book that yu can use to help "train" his teachers on the Aspie stuff. It's more involved than most teachers would have the time to do, but it gives you a very thorough way to help them understand any controls that they can or will be able to put into place. It makes them much more empathetic toward how they think!

Its called "Asperger Syndrome and Difficult Moments - Practical Solutions for Tantrums, Rage and Meltdowns". It's really helping me spell things out to try to prevent issues and to turn the ones that do occur into learning experiences.

Glad you're happy with the report!
Beth

Fran

Former desparate mom
The best diagnosis is the right one. Hope this helps get the right services for your grandson.

Liahona

I'm glad you are happy with it. I know its a relief to feel validated and get the right diagnosis that can help.

Sheila

Validation is good! :grin:

Hope it helps get him the appropriate treatments.

How sad it is that it took 16 yrs to get a correct diagnosis. It doesn't speak very highly of our medical and mental health care pros.