neuropsychologist in on Kanga

JJJ

I think I was expecting more from it.

Axis I:
pysch diagnosis pending (will get from psychiatrist)
reading disorder
written expression disorder
rule out PTSD

Axis II:
borderline mental retardation
histrionic & narcissistic features

They also rated her at significant risk to harm others due to her lack of impulse control and quick use of extreme physical violence to deal with interpersonal conflicts.

Please pray that she gets one of the "magic" psychiatrist diagnosis that will help qualify her for the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) grant.

JJJ,

I'm so sorry things are so rough for you and Kanga!!! I hope you get the help she so desperately needs!!!

Not knowing when or if our difficult children are going to have another violent episode is so unbelievably stressful. My thoughts are with you... WFEN

susiestar

Roll With It
Hugs, I know how hard it is to parent a violent child.

would a conversation with the psychiatrist about the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) grant be helpful?

Sorry,

Susie

LittleDudesMom

:angel:I pray she gets the help she needs. Sounds like tough words to read. Can the psychiatrist go to bat for you with Residential Treatment Center (RTC) placement?

Hugs.

Sharon

Calista

It is so incredibly sad what you two are going through. It is even more sad when a child has to be so desperately ill before they can "qualify" for the help they so obviously need and deserve.

I think a talk with the psychiatrist about the grant and diagnosis is definitely a good idea.

Rattling beads and sending prayers.

Lostparent

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter.My son is also Border Line Retarted.He also has Tourettes,Speech Articulation Disorder and NonVerbal Learning Disorder (NVLD).He has shown some anger issues but not to many yet.I think that will come as he becomes a teen ager.I hope you find the help you need!

slsh

member since 1999
JJJ - Odd they give you an evaluation report without the primary diagnosis.

I'm still rattling beads here - think/hope that the level of functional impairment combined with the years of interventions will carry a lot of weight with the grant folks. Diagnoses can change depending on psychiatrist but the kid is the same.

How's she doing? How are you holding up?

JJJ

Thanks all. I really love this board. In so many ways, you are all so important to me.

Kanga's regular therapist/psychiatrist are pushing for schizoaffective disorder with the hospital but the hospital psychiatrist isn't seeing through the "Aren't I sweet?" Kanga-face. She is denying hearing voices, seeing things, etc. Course we have oodles of paperwork documenting her breaks with reality, so hopefully that will carry some weight. I don't know if her regular therapist/psychiatrist will write a dissenting diagnosis from the hospital, but I think they will if she snows the hospital psychiatrist.