Never under-estimate the number ONE

Star*

call 911........call 911
I am officially labeling this the ONE week.

ONE alone, certainly doesn't seem like a very powerful number. I've really always thought there was strenth in numbers, multiple numbers. But this week, the number ONE just spanked me.

Monday - I called the credit card company regarding some suspicious numbers on my bosses credit card. I was inquiring - WERE these fradulent? The girls said "Could be and hit ONE button before I could say doodle and cancelled his card."

I went to the boss to tell him I had stopped fraud - and he said I wish you had come to me ONE minute sooner - I called those numbers.

Tuesday - This day my car door ceased to shut. I went around the corner and it flew open. ONE door nearly caused a death (my own).

I called the mechanic about getting it in the shop today and he said "If you had called ONE call sooner."

Wednesday - I found a really good deal on some things I needed - but was ONE dollar short. I put the things back to go get more money - when I came back my things were gone - no more to be had.

Thursday - We had fed the rescue dog ONE can of dog food - and well let me tell you about THAT (BLECH :sick:) Poor puppy! Laughing to myself I realized that while it was bad for me, HE only has one butt and now it was once again bad. :ashamed:

Friday - I got three cable bills for the same billing period 2 with my name, one with DF's name and all for different amounts. I stood in line and got there at 2:10.....I left at 2:58 -but realized as I turned around that I was with the ONLY CSR in the office -when I came in there were 4 - 31 people behind me now hate my guts...because I told her she WILL make me understand.

AND - the credit card that was supposed to be overnighted by Fed Ex - on Monday ? The little girl at the credit card place made a numeric type0 and missed our zip by (you guessed it - ONE number ) and they can't trace the Fed Ex until MOnday and can't send out another card "OVERNIGHT" until Monday - so I'll get an overnighted credit card in about 7-10 days.

:faint:
My head hurts so bad I think just for kicks I'm going to have TWO shots of tequila.

OH and my car door? DF called - I drove his boat of a van to work (so pretty) and asked him to get up and take mine in? Well - as luck would have it by the time he got up, and got around to calling the shop? The man had left for the week - ONE MINUTE AGO!!!!!!

So I get to sail the QEII again on MONDAY -

BOAT HORNS ALL AROUND!!!!!!!!

PARTY BARGE>>>>>>>

ONE BOAT LEAVING FOR NOWHERE......

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
1 is indeed the loneliest number.
Don't drink Tequila you may be on the QEII with Dr. Kimball... or it might be coming out 1 end each!
DOH!
slinking off to 1 corner

Last edited:

klmno

Sorry you've had a bad week- you're not the only ONE in that respect- if that makes you feel in better! :)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG I didn't know whether I should laugh or offer my shoulder for you to cry on! What a week and a half! :faint:

Hope next week is MUCH better.

Hugs

gcvmom

Here we go again!
If it isn't ONE thing, it's another... I doubt you could have a repeat of events like that, even if you TRIED. So there's ONE thing good to think about! :D

Boats can be fun to drive. I've got ONE. With dents. People tend to get out of my way.

klmno

Star, I seriously think there is money in it for you if you write a book. Really, girl, get off your feet, have a drink, and start making some bucks off your natural born talents that you were blessed with!