New and Scary

susiestar

Roll With It
Jess wanted to take a shower and asked to use my bathroom because it was smaller and the heater warms the room better. She also fell in the shower on Monday and husband didn't hear her call for help so she wanted me near.

She went in, at one point knocked something over and yelled out to me that she was okay.

She IS a teen, and has been known to take hour long showers (I turn off the hot water on her and sometimes she still stays in!). I didn't turn off the hot water because I know that yesterday was hard and the water can help her sore muscles.

At 40 minutes I did go in to tell her to get out. She was sitting on the tub floor with the shower going (habit of hers). She seemed a little out of it.

When she came out she told me she was sorry she took so long. She got dizzy and sat down to put her head between her knees. I think she either passed out or went to sleep in the tub with the shower running!!!!

She was due for another dose of pain medications and I told her to wait until after the shower. I am glad I did that! Who knows what would have happened!

I will call the doctor in the am, hopefully they will be able to use this to get us in to the good neuro sooner.

For future showers she will use my bathroom and I will go in every 5-10 minutes to check on her. Or I will stay in there with her.

I HATE THIS!!! I want her better. She could have DROWNED!

I am shaking all over and I have to go get hold of myself. I keep imagining finding her in the tub drowned.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Susie,
I'm so glad she is o.k. This is very scary; I sure do hope they get her in right away. Gentle hugs to you both.

trinityroyal

Susie, I'm so glad that Jess is okay. I think that you should stay in with her while she showers, and I do hope that the neuro gets her in immediately.

Saying prayers...

Trinity

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
How scarey. I'm glad you checked on her and glad it turned out ok.

Hopefully this will move things along in the process.

Hugs.

Lothlorien

You should probably stay in there with her. If she falls next time, she could end up with brain damage or worse.

I know how frustrating this must be for you. I'm really sorry that your family is going through this.

susiestar

Roll With It
The whistle is an excellent idea. She wouldn't wear it in the shower though.

I plan to be in there with her for all future showers until we have some real treatment.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I know this scared you to death.....because it was possible for her to drown. BUT I'm gonna say this because I know it's probably going to be the first thing out of the docs mouth. She probably had the water hot enough to drop her blood pressure. That will make you both dizzy and pass out. This is with a normal healthy person.

While I know that hot water feels good..... (I'm the queen of no cold water in my shower/tub) she shouldn't use anything above warm enough for a baby when there is no supervision.

I've had the dramatic b/p drop thing happen to me on occasion and I'm used to extremely hot showers/baths. One sec you're fine and dandy, the next it's lights out.

((hugs))