New Car Input Anyone?

DDD

I've done alot of research but will have to go out of town to test drive
and negotiate. Just wondered if any of you have experience with either the Nissan Sentra or the Hundai Sonata.

The Government has a program called "Cash for Clunkers" that is intended to get gas guzzlers off the street and stimulate the economy. My Explorer has seen better days and I think a change might improve my state of mind as the Explorer has been thru every traumatic experience with me "on the road".

I've always bought Fords of Toyotas but the ones I considered cost more money (or have fewer incentives). The Hundai seems to have more features for the money but it's a toss up in my head. Any Input? DDD

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Go with the Hyundai. They had a reputation for being cheap "rice grinders" for the first few years they were sold in the US.

That time is long past. They are good, solid, dependable cars and you get a lot of car for the buck.

I drive a 2002 Toyota 4-Runner and have always driven Toyotas or Hondas. I was in dire financial straits a few years back and found myself driving a Hyundai Accent. While it wasn't quite up to handling the winter roads in Northern WI, it would've made a great "city car".

The only real difference now is that the Hyundai doesn't hold the same sort of resale value that the Japanese cars do. I expect that to change over the next few years.

witzend

The All Wheel Drive on the Hyundai is very good for winter driving. We gave ours a good workout this year!

Star*

call 911........call 911
How much of Hyundai's are made in America or does that even matter any more?

(Not Not NOT being accusatory at all - just asking)

flutterby

Fly away!
Hynduais also have the 10 year, 100,000 mile warranty. I think it's 5 year, 60,000 mile bumper to bumper and 10 year, 100,000 mile power train. Plus road side assistance.

I'd go with the Hyundai.

DDD

If all goes well Monday I'll make a choice. Your input has REALLY helped because I really wondered about Hundai. I feel reassured that either choice should be fine. Now it's a questions of bucks. ;) Thanks. DDD

klmno

Ditto what the others said. I have experience with one and it's a great deal for the money with the warranty and any necessary financing. Even if you want to pay cash, sometimes they have a no interest financing option that's worth considering. I think they are having a sale here now that includes low-cost gas being garanteed for a year or something. I should also add that at least with the one dealer I used, they never haggled over any of the things covered under warranty. There was never a major problem- just the typical sensor going bad or something like that. And, I really didn't even buy the car from that place because I knew the exact model with- accessories and color I wanted and looked online and found the closest one to be about 100 miles from me. I called that dealer, they brought the car to my house, I checked to make sure it was all they claimed, then signed the papers. The local dealer agreed to treat it like I bought it through them, giving me the benefits of annual free inspections.

If you can, try to get the traction control and anti-lock brakes. It's an add on (or used to be) but is well worth it and gives an insurance deduction.