New date is Friday - THIS FRIDAY!!! YEAH

Andy

This morning school was two hours late. I left a sobbing difficult child at school at 10:30 and went to work. April 16th is becoming too far away for psychiatrist appointment. so I call his pediatrician to see if he would prescribe something.

I got a call back from pediatrician stating I had to talk to therapist who needs to talk to psychiatrist to get medications. But psychiatrist has been out and the offices have been closed because of the flooding! :mad:

So, I called therapist's office and explained the situation. Their office was opened today (after news said closed through Wednesday) but therapist was not in (good - we had cancelled today's appointment because of the weather - It would have been hard to take knowing I should have gone anyway). The receptionist would give message to both therapist and psychiatrist. I told her we were heading quickly to school refusal.

Shortly thereafter, another person called me. He was working on the schedule for the rest of the week and could fit difficult child in on Friday - this Friday. Oh I am so thankful! :D

We are going to see psychiatrist on Friday! This Friday! :D:D:jumphappy:

Woes be to the person who says this is an April Fools Day joke - I am not accepting it!

The snow for Thursday and Friday has been taken out of the forecast. Now all I have to do is find a way across the flooded river!

M

ML

This is fantastic news! I will be looking for an update. Manster is bringing the laptop so I will try to check in while at the hotel.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I am so happy that you were able to get an appointment. for this Friday!!! I hope it goes well and that it is helpful to difficult child. Hugs.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Good news - I'm glad to hear difficult child will be getting some relief. Sounds like there is a lot of anxiety built up in him.

As far as getting across the river? I think at this point I'd rent a canoe to get there. Hugs to you and difficult child.

=there's always that basket Moses floated along in (ducking ugly glare)

Hugs

Andy

Somehow I don't think they make baskets big enough for me. :tongue:

Better if I can find the staff Moses used to part the Red Sea! :D

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Hey, um, Andy? If you find the staff to part the Red Sea...you probably wouldn't need the psychiatrist....

But, assuming you don't find the staff, good luck tomorrow!

Jena

i'm so glad that you got in this friday, tmrw yea! ok when i saw the thing about just having to find a way across the flooded river ooh that made me laugh.

so, what's the plan warrior mom, canoe?? raft??

Andy

:rofl:

Oh Shari, you are so right!

Jena, actually I have been told the two main bridges are open. I will go early just in case. I think coming in from the East and crossing Main Street Bridge - otherwise, going over I-94 bridge and traveling further West than normal before cutting North to Main Street and back East to the bldg. (Yep- I know that makes perfect sense to everyone! LOL). So, I got a Plan A and a Plan B and will punt a Plan C if needed - good thing I know my way around the town if need be. My usually route would take me past a water treatment plant that is too questionable to try - sometimes the road is open, sometimes not is what I hear.

I bet I can get a nice National Guard guy to deliver us by boat if need be?

Andy

Maybe I should convince Diva to come with. She could use a responsible national guard guy in her life.

:hellosoldier: