New flavored Dasani Water

susiestar

Roll With It
I tend to drink a lot of bottled water when I am away from home. I do refill bottles but also buy new bottles. That way I can throw away ones that get too ratty.

I saw that Dasani has water with Lime Essence and Black Cherry Essence. I was curious.

EVERY other flavored water has a sweetener. MOST have nutrasweet. I am NOT a fan of artificial sweeteners, esp since my throat swells shut if I try them.

THIS IS DIFFERENT!!!

It has NO sweetener of any kind!! I tried the lime after I read the ingredients three times.

It has a light touch of lime, just enough to be very refreshing. I will be buying this in the future as much as I can find it. I just hope they maybe offer it in the case size bottles of water.

(I also like the bottle - it is more like a carafe than a bottle of beverate. It even has a wider top. I can get a lime wedge into the bottle very easily. And it is sturdier than most water bottles!_

Mattsmom277

I love the flavored Dasani water. I also like the Vitamin waters (forget the actual name). The lemonade one is so amazing. Light and refreshing. I'll have to try the lime Dasani now that you have me drooling for it!

KTMom91

I wondered about the sweeteners, since any of the fake stuff and I don't mix. I'll look for this...it sounds pretty good.

susiestar

Roll With It
WOW!! You are the only person I am not related to who has had a problem with the sweeteners!!! We is not alone!!!!

I am supercareful because thank you and I cannot breathe if we get any of them, so when I say this has none, I mean it has NONE.

I am now looking to see if you can buy 6 packs or cases of the lime water!

KTMom91

I get "the stomachache", as my Nana so delicately put it. My mom learned about the sweeteners after drinking a lot of Crystal Light at my brother's house when she got "the stomachache." Doesn't seem to affect Miss KT, she just doesn't like the taste.

This is something I would be interested in. I googled to see if it has calories, and it said "0 calories (Splenda)".

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Oh no... Splenda?

I thought this was my family as well. Aspartame, Splenda, saccharine... ALL make me sick as a dog. I am afraid to try that Truvia stuff. They bother my Mom as well.

I think it's the chemical process. I'm done for if I ever get hypoglycemic. I've been trying to cut back on my sugar because it runs in the family.

So the Dasani DOES have Splenda? I would LOVE to have flavored water with no sweetener.

Has anyone else heard of New York Seltzer? I used to adore the stuff.

susiestar

Roll With It
Dasani has BOTH! The flavored sweetened stuff and the unsweetened flavored water. So if you search for ESSENCE in stores and the different shaped bottle you will get the unsweetened kind.