New Generics Available

Lothlorien

I just got a letter from Ins. Company. These are now available in generic form. I noticed several that are popular among our kids and ourselves. Take a peek....

Ambien (I think most of us know that one)
Cipro XR
Coreg
DitropanXL
Duragesic
Effexor
Lamisil
Lotrel
Mavik
Nasarel
Norvasc
Pravachol
ToprolXL
Trileptal** (whoo!)
Verelan PM
Zocor
Zofran

Possibly coming in generic form some time this year are:
Actonel
Depakote/Depakote ER
Effexor XR
Fosamax
Lamictal
Paxil CR
Pulmicort
Requip
Risperdal
Serevent
Wellbutrin XL 150mg

4sumrzn

Gotta love the price breaks. FYI...Lamictal is available in generic currently, 25mg only. More pills to take, but saves us $$$ a month.

SRL

I'd be happy to see Pulmnicort generic. Makes up for the formulary I picked up today for easy child's itchy scalp. 1 ounce 2.5% topical hydrocortisone solution cost me $40. There's gotta be a cheaper way...

susiestar

Roll With It
Duragesic (fentanyl) has been in generic for a while. So has Lotrel. Not sure we take any of the others, but always glad to see more medications in generics - we NEED our medications!!

Thanks for posting this

Susie

crazymama30

How much does the generic Lamictal save you? husband and difficult child both take it, between the two of them we go thru 300mg/day. That would be a lot of 25mg pills.

4sumrzn

Our copay for generic Lamictal is $10. Yes, she has to take more pills a day but it saves us $50 a month & she takes pills just fine in applesauce. It's worth checking in to even if you pay outright, may save you some $$$:D