New Grandchild at anytime

DaisyC1234

Many know that my 25 year old, going on 26 next month is due to give birth any day now. They will induce on Oct 30 if there's no baby by then.

I am not sure what questions to ask her, just because I don't want to make it seems like these details are any of my business, but I had to ask. Who will be taking you to the induction appointment at 5:30 in the morning? Her response "Ill take myself", which she technically could, my response "I don't think that's a good idea", should I of had a response or just let her do what she wants.

I am just worried about my grand daughter who is 3. What if she goes into labor before the induction, what will she do about that, drive herself and take the grandbaby, which she would have no choice but to, since she lives alone.

She asked to go to my home, as I know the grandbaby misses being there, then said she would clean as best she could and if I could pay her..... not this again... I really can't afford a cleaning lady, if I could I would hire one honestly, but I did feel sorry for her and said I would pay her. In the past the cleaning wasn't done very well.

I am thinking of speaking with my husband and see if maybe she can stay with us until she has the baby or until her induction appointment. My husband and her don't really speak to each other but are cordial to each other.

My middle daughter, Cas, doesn't really have a relationship with her, and my son Orion asks a bunch of why questions about Dez, and I tell him to ask her about it.

Trying not to make this my business but the babies...I kindly asked if she needed anything for the baby, but I never got a response. I've been so stressed these past few days and just feel exhausted.

My birthday came and went, I still haven't spoken to my mom after the grands birthday incident, she did send me a card and a text, both of which I responded to with a Thank you and love you.

Can I call in sick for the holidays? Everything is so wonky, but I must remember I only control me.

BusynMember1

You alone must decide how involved you want to get. Nobody can advise you what to do. Your daughter will likely not appreciate anything you do for her, if she is like mine, and will withhold the grands when she wants to in order to punish you for whatever she decides you did wrong. This seems to be how our troubled kids operate...withholding the grands. Not treating us with any respect. Expecting us to care for them as if they are very young. Forgetting that we are getting older and deserve to rest.

I see no reason to pay your daughter for any reason. Buy for your grandson if you want. We did. I'm not sure we should have. At any rate, we are no longer allowed to be in his life.

We get from these very difficult kids whatever we ask for. They treat us the way we allow them to. And we all have our own levels of how far we will go and how much we will do and when we will stop, if ever. At one point I never dreamed of stopping. Mom never stops, right?

But Dad and Mom both did stop. Sometimes I still can't believe it.

Are you considering custody of the grands?

This is very hard, particularly having grands and not having custody. They can pull the rug out from under us if we get too attached. My daughter did, but we may soon have a court battle for custody of her child. Her sister would like to raise him and I can imagine how ugly that will get if it goes there...sister vs. sister.

God bless you in this new territory. It's so hard.

Last edited:

Crayola13

I wouldn't push the cleaning much. I know some moms do that to speed up the process, but she doesn't need to be doing anything vigorous. She'll probably go into labor before they have to induce. Light cleaning with a lot of breaks.

How is school coming along? Are her teachers being supportive? They have to nowadays because it's such a common problem.