New great book on 2 kids with bipolar

BusynMember

This is a father's account and it sounds A LOT like the people who post here, including all the bogus wrong diagnosis. and medications first and how the second child got sick after the first one was just getting stable and how the marriage fell apart, and how, in the end, they all coped. I really think this book is great, and very informative and SO MUCH LIKE on this board. I got it from the library and only a few years old. It's called "Acquainted with The Night" (A Parent's Quest to Understand Depression and Bipolar Disorder in His Children) by Paul Raeburn. He is very eloquent and doesn't mind talking about his own bad behavior towards his children--how he at first thought "tough love" was the answer. Get it at the library or find it at a bookstore. It's a worthy read. I couldn't put it down.

wakeupcall

MWM, I've read it also. It was extremely good and I couldn't put it down, either. The book was so honest by a father's account....the son was Bipolar and the daughter suffered from Depression. It's a MUST read!

BusynMember

It is. With all their diagnosis. and medications, etc. it was telling. Very emotional. With an upbeat ending, which gives hope to all, and it's a true story.

Loris

It is awesome. I read it when my son first got sick. It helped me understand more of what it is like from both angles.