New ground

L

Liahona

Well we've struck new ground with difficult child 1 in both bad and good ways. He has been the best ever, compliant (mostly), nice to siblings, good grades. And, he has kept this up for weeks. Now the bad, in the past his aggression was directed towards his siblings. Now that he is only 1/2 inch shorter than me it was me getting it. I'm glad it wasn't his siblings, not thrilled it being me either though. It has only happened once so far it will happen again.

Now that we've found a program that works I'm trying to make home more like the program. The kids are excited. We're starting mystery motivator tomorrow.

DDD

Sending you the best of luck in dealing with those ever-changing challenges. You can do it! Hugs DDD

L

Liahona

Kind of, I'm keeping the same name and method difficult child 1's program does. They have pieces of paper the staff hand out for good behavior. A few times a day the staff draw a ticket out of the jar. Which ever kid gets drawn gets to pick out a candy bar. They call it mystery motivator, but it doesn't exactly follow the Tough Kid Tool Box book by Jensen.

The kids are thrilled by it and Elsie especially has been doing her work fast. I need to slow down on the drawings though. We are going through candy bars very fast. It is also hard on the little ones when they don't get one that time.