New guy checkin' in

SgtReese

Hi,
New guy here. Planning for son's move to an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) in NC and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it. I did a search, but it returned nothing. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

slsh

member since 1999
Hi Sgt, and welcome. I edited your post because we do not use names of facilities/hospitals/doctors on the board. If someone has experience with- an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) in NC, hopefully they will PM you and you can share details of the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and get the info you are looking for that way. Thanks, and again, welcome!

susiestar

Roll With It
Welcome! I sent a private message to Janet asking her to send you a message. She doesn't always check in over here on general as often as she used to. If any of us know about a place in NC it will be Janet most likely.

Glad you found us - sounds like you are in the right place. It is always great to have a dad join us!

DDD

Did you look on the web site for the State of N.C. residential facilities? Often you get alot of info including inspection reports, budgetary reports, population etc. I don't know how you located the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) but I would want to know details before opting for a residential placement, too. Perhaps Janet will be able to help soon. Good luck. DDD

PS: The first residential placement I choose for substance abuse issues was highly recommended by people who had worked with local teens. A former Director told me "if I had to send my child somewhere for help that is where I would send her". I felt confident. Turns out they had new staff and a new Director........it was NOT the right placement. So, be very careful.

nvts

Hi Sgt! Welcome to the crowd - don't know if the "Sgt" is for the armed forces, but if so, thanks for keeping us safe!

Is the placement for substance abuse, out of control behavior or developmental issues? Sometimes that type of info will slim a websearch. Also, it could be an "under-title" for a larger organization. My oldest sons placement is virtually unfindable on the web under the name, but the larger organization has it squarely on their website.

For Example: You might not find "Bob's Residential Treatment Center (RTC)" on the Web, but you would find "The Affiliation of Affiliates of North Carolina". :)

Again, welcome to the crowd - it's a great group of people!

Beth

DammitJanet

hey...welcome! I am from NC too and got the SOS to come see this thread...lol.

I am wondering if you are near me with your name? Does Lumberton ring any bells for you? If so, then PM me and we can take this to private and I will try to help you there since we cant use names publicly. I have some experience with placements in NC.