New here

sweetjj

Hello everyone,

I am very new to this site and sites like it in general. I am seeking support and information in helping me and my husband handle our 15 yr old son who seems to be out of control and lost. I will get into specifics later. But I was hoping someone could fill me in on the slang and lingo here. I am not sure what difficult child's are ect. I look forward to finding some new friends and lots of support.

Thanks!!

JJ

nvts

Hey JJ! Welcome! If you go to the list of the forums, there's one call FAQ and Board Instructions and it'll help you with making a profile, adding an avatar, "board slang" etc.

You'll get a lot of support and great information here - it's a great crew!

Gotta go break up a fight, I'll be on later!

Beth

Andy

Welcome - difficult child is Gift From God - it is a child we have that takes all our energy and creativity to get them through life. These children have a wide range of issues that they are working on overcoming (or at least we hope they are trying).

My son has extreme anxiety which had him acting out last year. With a psychiatric hospital (Psychiatric hospital) stay, t-doctor (therapist) appointments, and lots of heart break and tears on my side, my difficult child chose to overcome his problems. He has worked hard and it is amazing!

Not everyone has a success story yet but we are all working together toward a happy life for our challenging kids.

As you read people's signatures, you will see the variety of issues we are dealing with.

You will be asked to make a signature to help us remember your story and you will be asked about if your child has been diagnosed, what process was that diagnosis determined? Who diagnosed? What tests were given? Is he on any medications? ect. Many of our members really do understand the medical part of this and that info will help them help you.

Waiting to hear more on how we can help.

klmno

Hello and welcome!! There is a lot of support and experience here- it has been a godsend for me and my son. Fill us in on what's going on and a little background when you're comfortable and have time.

BusynMember

Hi there.
difficult child is "Gift from God" (or our problem child)
easy child (our non-problematic child)
If you could tell us the history of your son starting from any quirks from birth to any evaluations he's ever had (especially lately) to his school performance to what psychiatric problems may be in the family to if he can socialize appropriately to any drug use...all that would help us. You may want to do a signature like I did below. Welcome!

Nancy423

do I have to be the mom?
Hi and welcome!! make yourself at home here. vent, talk, ask questions, or even give some advice! You're in great company here.

Jena

Hi and welcome!!!

As the others said as well, this is a great place, withalot of great people.

Welcome again!!! :)

maril

Greetings! I am glad I found this site and hope you will be, too. Miles of experience from others here and many helping hands and big hearts.

LittleDudesMom

Hi! Dropping in to add my welcome. I hope you are able to get back on the board, read up om the "ins and outs", and post more about your difficult child. You will always find a welcome and parents offering support.

Sharon

Critter Lover

Welcome JJ! You will find this board a great help in whatever challenges
get thrown your way from your child. I have been on this board a short while and I can tell you this......the people here are great for hugs, support and encouragement because most of them have "been there done that" in their life. It is amazing there are so many people that are in the same boat as your are but can bond together to help each other when we need it the most! The support here will leave you with the "warm fuzzies"
inside. Glad you are here!

(((((HUGS)))))
Critter :cupid:Lover

sweetjj

thank you all so much for the warm welcomes!! I am work all day mon - fri and its hard to type too much stuff while here, but I will try to get on at home and get my info out to you all!!

I am so excited that I found this site...again thank you all!!

JJ