New here

1tiredmama

Hello I am new here, I have 5 kids one with ADHD and god knows what else. We are in the process of getting him into psyc and getting this all down to what he has along with the ADHD. I am glad to have found this place and hope to find some good tips and support.
Thanks
1tiredmama

smallworld

Welcome.

Can you give us a little more information about the child you're having evaluated? How old? What kind of doctor is doing the evaluation? What behaviors you're seeing? What medications, if any, you've already tried? If you can give us a fuller picture of what you're dealing with, I'm sure others here can share their advice and experiences with you.

When you get a chance, I recommend creating a signature similar to mine below so we will remember the details of your family every time you post. Here's a link to a description of how to create a signature:

http://www.conductdisorders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8399

Again, welcome.

1tiredmama

How old? He is 9
What kind of doctor is doing the evaluation? He is going to a psyc next week to get started.
What behaviors you're seeing? Ok you asked for it! lol See bottom of the post
What medications, if any, you've already tried? He is currently on straterra, but we are going to be switching to a stimulant this friday

He does not hear what I am saying here are some examples:
Me: I dont like the way you are treating me
Him: Well if you dont like me I hate you.
Me: I did not say I dont like you. I said I dont like the way you are treating me.
Him: See you just said you dont like me.

Another time: The kids were watching a movie in the other room, he was getting a bit hyper.
Me difficult child please come out and watch TV with me for a few minutes until you calm down. (he walks into the kitchen and sits down)
Me (confused) difficult child what are you doing?
Him: You told me to come out here and sit here
Me : No I said to watch tv with me for a few minutes
Him no you didnt you said to sit here
Me: No I didnt but anyway you can watch tv with me
Few minutes later
Him Why cant I watch tv with you
Me: You can I said you can
Him: No you said to sit here and not watch tv.
This conversation went on for 5 more minutes until I gave up and stopped discussing it.

This happens all the time I I say difficult child if you dont stop you are going on a time out. He will throw a fit and say I dont want to go on a time out. I just dont understand what this is all about.

A few nights after many chances I have sent him to bed. He becomes possessed, yelling screaming crying for another chance. He will then for hours go between yelling and crying to quietly talking to himself.

His eye contact is horrible he can sometimes keep it.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He is very moody.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He over reacts to everything if we tell him no on something he goes into a rage throwing himself on the floor or against the wall yelling and screaming and saying mean things, or he will begin to throw things around. Everything and anything will start a fit.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Everything is an argument! I mean everything with everyone![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He can not tie his shoes no matter how many times we show him (this may be normal kid though).

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can tell him something a million times and he just wont get it.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When we put him on time out it will be for 5 minutes starting when he is quiet. He will and has carried on for hours screaming that he will be there forever and ever, no matter how many times we tell him when he is quiet he can get up he carried on for hours.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He can read and reads well. He can add small numbers. He is not stupid, he is actually very smart but he does not want to read or do well in school, he just doesnt care. Sometimes he sounds so intellegent and others he just seems out there, in his own world. He playes better with younger children than he does older or of his own age.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He went through a time when he was is smelling everything, even if he touches something he has to smell his hands. This is anywhere we are.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He constantly plays in his hair and ***** his tongue
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He can get into trouble for something and do it an hour later, no matter how many times he is talked to or punished for it he wont stop doing it. He acts like he is being killed if you touch him when he is in a fit. (somtimes I have to hold his arms to make eye contact to tell him something) he yells screams says ouch like you are hurting him. When he is not in a fit or upset he does not react to touch this way.[/FONT]

he leaves the house if I am not constantly watching him he will take off and i have to go looking for him. The other day I had to call the cops because he did not come home and I got worried. He thought it was funny, he thinks everything is funny. he has had to spend 3 days last week in the principles office and the principle said the same thing that he thinks everything is funny.