New here

B

BemLmum3

Just going through and reading old threads. I am needing somewhere to hang where there is support and most importantly other people dealing with the same issues as I do.

One thing I did not put in my siggy is that I am also homeschooling them, lucky me:tongue:

mstang67chic

Going Green
Welcome! We're always sorry that people have to find us but glad they do. For me personally, this place has been a sanity saver, a source of great information and a WEALTH of support and good friends. As the main page says, it truly is a soft place to land.

Last weekend a bunch of us got a chance to get together for the weekend and "meet". We already know each other, it's just that we mostly haven't seen others in person. I found that because of how this board is set up and the support, understanding and friendship one finds here.....it was more like a reunion than a first meeting. I already KNEW these people....I just didn't know what they looked like.

So, look around as you have been, lurk if you want, post more when you're ready. I think you'll find all you are looking for. (Um......just watch out for those donkey riding sporks.)

*crickets chirping*

Loooooooooooong story. We'll explain later. :tongue:

Oh and I have to ask.....what is a SN family?

nvts

Hi! Welcome to the gang! It's a great place to hang...don't forget to stop in the Watercooler Forum...it's the perfect place to just talk about "stuff" that's not necessarily difficult child based...we have some really good laughs in there.

Beth

lmf64

Welcome. I know you can't tell from my status, but I've been a member here for almost 10 years now. This place was my saviour back in the day and is still the place I run to whenever there's a hiccough in the system.

TerryJ2

Welcome, BenLmum. Here's some iced tea with mint. :)

Wow, all three of your kids have something! And your husband, too. You've got your hands full.
Just curious ... did your anxiety issues happen after all the kids were born and then manifested with-something on the mood or autism spectrum, or were you always like that?

That's great that you can home school them. My kids would have never listened for more than 15 sec.

flutterby

Fly away!
Welcome to the board. :D

I was wondering what an SN family is, like Stang.

With homeschooling, you never get a break. It can be exhausting.

B

BemLmum3

Oh I am sorry. SN just meant special needs, lol. Everyone in this family has something...little did I know. I need to pull my butt out of the pity party, I will, just taking me awhile this time. I have a very hard time not taking things so personal. And it is so overwhelming that all of my kids have something. Then I wonder if it is something I did, blah blah blah. Thank you all for the very warm welcome.

To Terry, no, looking back at my childhood I have always had anxiety issues, they were just never addressed. I think I go more towards the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) side of things, lol. But it is ironic because no one could keep up with these 4 people and their diets, schedules and medications, without Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) tendancies, lol.

Well we are off to an early playdate this morn', wish me luck, lol.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Welcome!

Hey we love Pity Parties! Sometimes we throw Cyber ones for ourselves just for the heck of it!