New here....

Dilemma

Hey there,
Just wanted to introduce myself. Name is Alissa (Dilemma for short) and I'm the mother of a 13 year old wrecking ball. His name is Zak, and he can be very sweet and funny, but he's turning into a liar and a thief, and is single handedly ruining my marriage and new family.

Just recently got married...I thought having a man around would really help Zak. Instead he's resentful and rebelling. Started smoking pot recently as well, and while doing so, caught a hill on fire.

He's now in a short term residential treatment (START) program, and set to come home soon. I'm excited, because i miss him, but i am also scared shitless.

Exploring IOP vis PHP and Wraparound services next.

Anyway, hi. :)

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Welcome Dilema;

You may want one of the admins to edit your names here. I did the same thing when I first started posting. This is an open forum so Bret to use Nic names for privacy.

You are laying excellent plans down for your son. What are you doing to help yourself and the rest of the family? Therapy and support is imperative in our situations.

A warm welcome know you are not alone and have many wise supports here.

pigless in VA

Welcome, Dilemma. This is a great place to vent and get support. The parents here understand difficult children. It is a good idea for you and your new husband to get counseling for yourselves. Having a trouble youth in the house is super stressful. It helps to have guidance.

I'm sure you are feeling all different types of emotions about the homecoming. I am super proud of you for having plans in place. Do you know how your son feels about coming home?