New Kitty/ Dog Update

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Great news.

Betsy and Bruce the new kitty are already bestest friends. :smile:

I was doing the whole supervising thing, but then the weather turned really cold. I told Travis to bring the dogs inside and had completely forgotten about Bruce.

Betsy did great. She'd belly crawl up to the cat the way she does to Molly when she wants to play. Seems the cat couldn't resist such obvious kissing up. Next thing I know they're cuddled up under the coffe table together asleep. :rofl:

They've been playing and cuddling every since. Betsy is thrilled. I believe she thinks we brought Bruce home just for her. lol

Steely

:cool-dog: loving :pet: is the best!

My kitty, Ash, who is no longer with us - thought he really was a dog. We got him when he was only 4 weeks, and he imprinted on our dog, Chester. They were the cutest pair, ever!

I am so glad Bruce and Betsy are happy.

Totoro, I am sure the same will happen for you......although, do not be surprised if the cat side swipes the pup's brow a few times, just to let him know who is boss. Pretty soon, the pup will be bowing to the cat in submission and all will be fine. Cat's definitely rule the house.

Star*

call 911........call 911
You think it (them all getting along) had a teensy bit to do with the fact that it's cold and the cats have been inside all along - Dogs ARE pretty smart, and may have figured that if the cats rated being inside all day - there was something to getting along -or OUT IN THE COLD YOU GO!

-you go compromise Mom!

mstang67chic

Going Green
I always love seeing things like that! Back when our older dog was just a few years old, husband and I found a lost kitten (probably only 6-8 weeks old) and brought it home. AT the time we only had the one dog, Taz, and our cat C.C. and hadn't adopted difficult child yet. I wasn't sure how Taz would react to the kitten since she was so small and he is a big dog, so I kept her in the other bedroom and would bring her out when we were there to hold her or let her walk around on the couch. I was on a big chair with the kitten and our cat jumped up, saw the kitten and hissed. (Taz had already been over to investigate and then laid down on the other side of the room) TAz saw the cat hiss at the kitten, ran over, gave CC a "look" (she then took off) and then sniffed the kitten all over to make sure she was ok. AFter that, I didn't worry about him hurting the kitten. In fact, I would often find her asleep between Taz's front paws or even on his back and he would lie there as long as she slept. Poor dog was heartbroken when we found her a good home. :tissue: