new member of the catinthehat house

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
easy child and I were at the store. She asked if we could goto the pet store. We do so when we can to love up on the animals. Well I am weak, weak, weak.

I called husband and he could hear the animals in the background. He asked how we were buying binders at the pet store. I asked if I could bring something home. Of course he said I was welcome to bring myself and easy child home. Smart a**that he is.

So he said no new dogs (probably best anyway). And I refuse to bring another cat in the house. I won't have snakes (unnatural icky creatures) or lizards (snakes with legs). I won't do birds (for some reason they scare me unless they are ducks). So to the small pets we go. After about four more phone calls with husband. Our new guinea pig came home. Cassanova is the name that easy child requested. husband and I agreed that it would work. Somehow though the guinea pig I wanted is now living in easy child's room. Not sure how that worked. The thing is if it is in her room she has to take care of it. We will see how long that works.

So now to our house of One husband, one easy child, one me, 2 cats (one of which is on borrowed time), and four dogs we now have a guinea pig.

beth

Jena

Beth,

Yea I love guinea pig's your going to love him!!! :) difficult child must of been so happy.

We used to have guinea pigs, and if you take them out alot and handle them often they become like tiny little dog's....... we used to call ours by name and Shelly (she passed away) used to come running it was the cutest thing ever.

good luck to your member of your family! :)

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
awwww we have two piggies! one is almost 6 years old! Both boys, messy lil buggers, and they'd eat us out of house and home. but they are both loves. We handle them alot, and they love to cuddle.

remember no fruit pits, no whole sunflower seeds and lots of vitamin C, which leafy greens have. I do not do the dry food thing, I buy lots of kale and romaine. Fruit and carrots are a special treat! I shop the produce clearance bin often.

enjoy your pig!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
AAAAACHOOOOOOO!

I am sneezing already! SOOOO allergic to those little critters. I can't even be in the same room with them or my eyes start to water, my nose runs, my throat gets itchy, and my chest gets tight. :(

Hope Cassanova enjoys his new home with easy child, er, I mean you! :D

How do you know it's a CassaNOVA and not a Cassandra?

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Ummmm gcv he has big cahones (sp). If its not a boy I am concerned. I have been in easy child's room several times already checking on him. He doesn't like to be talked to in the cage unless you are petting him. So far that is the most handling he is getting. He doesn't seem real comfortable being held so I figure I will just pet him and talk to him soothingly for a while. Let hime learn to trust me.

I fell for him instantly at the store because I made a sound that I don't know how to type and he chortled back at me. He hasn't since but I just took that to mean he wanted to come home.

easy child's room is probably safer anyway. At least this way the cats won't try and figure out how to get in the cage as they aren't allowed in her room.

beth

KTMom91

I ended up with two extra cats that way...go to the pet store, see the cute animals waiting to be adopted...enjoy Casanova!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sounds like Cassinova's a lucky fellow. :D And I'm glad someone else is weak. :rofl:

But I'm standing firm until I'm done with school. I just don't have the time or money for a new pet.

Can't do the piggy's. easy child is big time allergic. Found out the hard way. :(

slsh

member since 1999
Congrats on Cassanova! We got our first piggie in July - I'm a sap for furry critters but I fell completely and unreasonable in love with Oscar. We brought Jonah home a week later to keep him company - still can't keep them in the same cage because Jonah thinks he's the alpha pig, but we have their cages next to each other and they talk to each other all day long.

They eat like ... well, pigs, LOL. I told my kids that something's wrong when the pets eat more veggies than they do.

Enjoy! They really are the sweetest little animals!!