New Neuro!!!!!!!!!!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
I just got off of the phone with the neuro's office. They remember Jess from way back when they first saw her (fourth grade!) and are happy to have her come back.

I have cancelled her EEG with the Children's hospital. Dr S, the new/old neuro wants it done by his people and his equipment so that he can eliminate "glitches" they have had substantial problems with in patients who came from the kids' hospital.

They are doing it on the 19. OF SEPTEMBER!!!!!!! He will likely glance over it that day unless a crisis pops up, and if anything screams out at him he will say, but otherwise he will discuss it in full at the appointment. On Oct 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was going to be a wait of two or three or four months to get into a new doctor. I actually spoke to the chidlren's hospital neuro about an appointment with the doctor taking Dr. Scream's patients and it would be Feb before she could see us. 8 MONTHS - basically a school year. Isn't that nuts???

I am SO GLAD the family care doctor was able to get the referral to Dr. S to go through. I feel like we have a chance. in my opinion it is mostly due to all the kick-tush board mojo out there just not letting them ignore/forget us!!!!!!!

Thank you ALL! I won't forget contacting the other hospitals andpeople you suggested. I promise. Just because this looks good does NOT mean that we are at a solution, just that we found a good fork in the road.

InsaneCdn

Hey Susie...
Can you dim the lights a bit? I'm not used to that much sunshine!

Getting the right docs is the first step.
You're right, you're not out of the woods without answers... but first things first. Can't get right doctor = won't get right answers. Right doctor will either give right anwers, or will know where else to send you.

<smile a mile wide>

DDD

Boy, I wish I could find the old "Happy Dance" thingy that we used to have. I'm very happy for you. DDD

TerryJ2

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy for forks in the road! Woo hoo! I'm so glad the process has sped up and this doctor sounds good. Way To Go!