New position today

crazymama30

Today I start my new position. I have worked in the home health dept of the hospital for 9 years, and have now transferred to surgical floor. I am a CNA. I will work 12 hour shifts, so I do not have to work as many days and can go to school on my days off and do my homework before class so I can be home in the evenings more. I was sometimes not home untill 9:00pm or later some days as I was studying. This is a huge change for me, and I am nervous. Today and tommorrow I have general orientation, Fri I have unit orientation, and then Sat, Sun and Mon I orientate with a CNA on the floor. Classes start up on next Tues. Wish me luck.

busywend

Good luck to you!! I am in my last semester - I know what it is like to be completely bogged down and have no time!

:thumb:

judi

Congrats...I'm an advanced practice nurse now but started as a CNA before they were certified, then did LPN, RN, BSN, MSN and finally this! Long road but well worth it!

crazymama30

Well first day was good, boring but good. Tommorrow I get to learn the hospital EMR system, which is a different program than what we used in home health. At least it should be more interesting.