New psychiatrist appointment went well!!!!

RWHangel

I didn't have a chance to go through the parent report so I had to fumble alot and try to remember every doctor she has seen and every test she has taken. It was hard but we got through and the doctor was real understanding of my position. She kept difficult child on same medications for now as they seem to be working and is skepitical about the "voices" thing which makes me feel very good. She told difficult child to just ignore the "voices" and if the problem persists we will address it later. I really liked this lady she didn't judge and she didn't jump to her own conslusions right away. I stayed calm the whole time and difficult child was pretty good too. All in all it was a good appointment. Thanks for all the support and understanding. It is going to take for ever to do that report but I am going to work on it to try and make life a little easier. Hope you all are having a good week so far.:tongue:

smallworld

I'm glad the psychiatrist didn't jump to conclusions and you stayed calm. This psychiatrist may be a keeper. Hope things continue to go well.