New Year's Eve...any stories?

BusynMember

I didn't even drink or stay up until midnight lol. We are in Chicago area with my youngest daughter and her boyfriend to do a late Christmas with oldest daughter, her SO and my precious granddaughter. We will leave for Wisconsin tonight after the little one goes to bed

I am messaging from my hotel.

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!!!

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
we made it to midnight...but woke early to watch live streaming of London's parade, as one of my son's is performing with his HS band, Gma went with them.

Happy New YeAr...safe travels, I pray this year brings lots of hope and joy!

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
We never stay up til midnight. Quiet evening at home, just me and hubby. Played Backgammon.
Got up early and started to take down all the Christmas decorations. Funny how the house always seems so bare once they are all down but also glad to have the task done.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year! Regardless of the chaos and drama our difficult children can cause, let's all do our best to live fulfilled lives for ourselves.

Be-Happy-because-you-deserve-to-be.jpg

Nomad

Staff member
Actual NYE was lovely. Stayed home. I made Cowboy Cavier, which I had never heard about before. Saw the reciepe on-line. It was GREAT! Drank a little wine with hubby and watched tv. NY Day we cleaned some drawers and talked about future plans. Just delightful. Talked, texted or emailed many friends. Lovely. The following day, Difficult Child came by and was absolutely miserable, rude and stormed off. Took us about an hour to recuperate. Then we went to the store to return an item that we forgot to take care of, had some coffee at a coffee shop, and later went to a nice dinner. I've added to my New Year Goals something like "Not let Difficult Child's drama/trauma interfere with the goodness of life."

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Rose and I went to visit my Mom for a bit, then home - we had dinner with Belle, Wyatt, and Charlie (and of course Bill), then kicked back. Rose made it to midnight for the first time and was thrilled! Then bed - OMG tired.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Had a nice fire, smoked salmon, Italian sausage, crab legs and vodka and lemonade with hubby. Watched New York ball drop at 11pm our time and went to bed. It was perfect!!

Wishing you all a wonderful 2017! I hope all our dreams come true for our children!

:happy_new_year: