New Years Thread

nvts

I don't even want to think about 2010. I'm glad it's over - my high point was being asked to be a mod. on the forum. Basically, everything else stunk out loud.

I've decided that this was my "learning" year. I'm determined to start 2011 with a smile and a newfound confidence that I can do anything that needs to be done. AND I can (this year) give it as well as take it. For too many years, I've kind of "oh welled" my way through with a "who cares" attitude. No more. If I don't like what someone is saying/doing to me, I'll darn well speak my mind. Done and done.

But I'll still find the time to have fun and look at life the way I always have.

Welcome 2011 - I won't miss you 2010~! :abouttime::cheers:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
  • Created my first website for difficult child 1's lacrosse team.
  • Won a free spa day thanks to my mom entering my name in a drawing.
  • Wrote the biggest check I've ever written in my life to the IRS on 4/15, thanks to husband's lump sum severance last year.
  • Raised money and walked for CCFA.
  • Lost my dad 8/1 to a myriad of health problems.
  • Reconnected with my brother.
  • Reconnected with an uncle, aunt, and cousin and his wife.
  • Raised money and walked for NAMI.
  • Discovered the likely root of difficult child 1's last few years of GI problems.
  • Enjoyed husband's first full year of employment after being laid off from his job of 19 years.
  • Made plans for vacation/dad's ash scattering next summer.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
A lot of the "normal" antics here in the tweedle household. Saying that, :painter: I was in 3 art shows this past spring, summer, fall. I'm learning to live life as a widow & single parent. I'm finally taking the time to mourn. Still working on my piano & continuing PT, Occupational Therapist (OT) & some speech in rehab. Mostly the cognitive stuff now.

kt has transferred from day treatment/academics to an online high school. The academics are mainstream; the supports are wonderful. For the most part she's making good grades. She's been stable (for kt :) ) 9 months; the longest she's ever been stable - :cheerleader:

wm, while struggling, is making baby steps. :likeit: In the meantime, the search is on for long term adult care for wm.

Here's to a calmer, healthier & happier new year for all. :happy_new_year: