New York, New York

newstart

Many years ago I went to a play, the play was disorganized and the actors forgot their lines the music was even off and everything went crazy. I remember one woman in the audience stood up and started singing 'New York, New York' as loud as she could because she could not take the mess that was happening in front of us. I could not help but laugh because of the mixed up crazy behavior of all of it. After the play people demanded their money back but the box office closed and everyone could not believe what just happened.

Sometimes when I have been around my daughter and listen to her mess and lies I want to stand up and sing as loud as I can 'Start spreading the news, I am leaving today, I want to be a part of it New York, New York. I think that will be my new way to deal with her just start singing that Frank Sinatra song.

There has to be something besides politics, her weight or what she hates to talk about.
She has been going to the gym sometimes so the weight is at least not climbing.
She is still off and on with toxic boyfriend. I will never understand what holds that mess together.
My husband talks about moving all the time. We can't find a home we like better than the one we live in now. And God knows we have looked.
I hope you all are having a blessed and peaceful start to your 2021.

Nandina

What a great story, Newstart! I can’t remember who it was on this site—Please someone jump in here—but every time their daughter started talking nonsense, I think they started screeching like a monkey, if my memory serves me right. If anything, a technique like that may at least make everybody burst out in laughter, and Heaven knows, we all need that!

newstart

Nandina, The wild woman that makes the monkey sounds when her daughter is off track is me.. I have done that for years, now I am going to try the New York, New York song and see if that puts things in order. IF anything is does defuse terrible situations.

Nandina

How funny! I thought after I hit “send,” that perhaps it was you! I love your creative and dramatic ways of diffusing terrible situations. And I love your choice of songs—ya gotta keep it fresh! 😉