unsure

Just a brief update as I haven't been on much lately...work is really busy right now and evenings are hectic so not much time.

difficult child started his school based counseling two weeks ago and very much looks forward to going each week. Things for the most part have been pretty calm and upbeat with him as of late (I hesitate to say that allowed :anxious:) Anyway, he had a good birthday minus the party, but was happy and appreciative of his gifts. He has yet to clean his room or do his chores, but has been helping out with other duties around the house. Getting outside more with the nice weather which seems to be helping. So we'll keep going from day to day, minute by minute and hoping ofr the best.
Aside from difficult child, easy child goes for her driver's permit on Thursday :sick: Just can't believe we at that point on her life already. SD is plugging along in school and doing well also. Went for a walk last night and she rode her bike without the training wheels and did really well. I little wobbly and landed in the waterfilled ditch one time, but otherwise had fun. That was her first adventure on the road without training wheels :D

husband & I had a serious heart2heart last week about our relationship and what needs to change to make things work for us and the kids. I have my first counseling appointment. next week. He said he was also interested in counseling, but I'm recommending separate counseling to start cuz there are too many issues from the past that need resolved before we can even begin to start on us as a couple. He is still trying to find permenant full-time employment which only adds to the stress.

I'll continue to plug along and keep all posted. Best wishes to all of you in your daily endevors. (hugs)

Marguerite

It sounds like you've made some useful decisions and everyone is making progress. The extra daylight and outdoor opportunities should help, too.

Marg

unsure

Thanx Marg~
I'm trying and I don't give up easily. difficult child's need have to come first so whatever help I need to get for myself and others in order to make his needs happen then that's the way it's got to be. Explosive Child has been a life saver for me and I'm going to have my mother read it as well when I'm finished. She has always been a pretty big influence on my son so if she can adjust how she handles him that could make a huge difference too I'm sure.

Marguerite

It would be good to get your mother on the same page. It is most important you're all using the same technique. The one who chooses to ignore Explosive Child methods and instead use more traditional techniques, is the person who will find themselves suddenly the focus for the child's oppositionality.

Marg