M

mykidsrock

Hello, I am new to the site. I am the mother of a 13 year old girl who has been affected with mild AD and ODD most of her life. We really hide our heads in the sand for many years. It was not until this last year that the full gamet of the negative affect to her life really shone through. She had a terrible first year in junior high and honestly only made it to the next level because she is an intelligent child and the teachers could see that she did not have a "normal" learning disability that should prevent her from moving to the next grade level. She is showing signs of mild depression and the idea that she has to be "different" in her dietary requirements and supplemental intake really bothers her. It is heart breaking to watch her feel so poorly at times. I am trying natural alternatives at this point. I would love to hear anyones experience in this area. Thanks so much.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Welcome, mykidsrock! Glad you found us but sorry you needed to. Have you had her evaluated by a neuropsychologist or a child psychiatrist? Together they can give good insight and be really helpful. I don't know much about natural alternatives because for our difficult child, trying to getting him to eat healthy brought about so much violence it wasn't worth the battle. You've found a supportive group who will be here for you. Hugs.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Hi I wanted to welcome you to our little world
I don't have much to offer tonight... had a long therapist meeting and the fall out with the kids after that!!!

You are doing a great job just by looking for answers and seeking help... :)