Newish TV Shows that I "kinda" like...

DDD

Last night the Best American Dog (or whatever) final show was on. OUR
favorite dog won. Oh my goodness gracious. husband, easy child/difficult child and I wanted to reach into the television screen and just hug him for a few minutes every time he was on. Did anyone else watch some of that show? I don't
care for little dogs very much but the lst runnerup was an awesome thing!

The new Steven Boccio show really grabbed me. It comes on for the 2nd
time tonight, I think. Having "experienced" the frightening legal system, it
is so true to life how the DA's are single-mindedly determined to convict. I, of course, root for the Public Defender. The social/sexual interactions as part of the ongoing plot reminds me of the old NYPD Blues etc. Boccio
shows.

Last, and least..lol, the Principals Office show did make easy child/difficult child laugh out
loud. I guess we are jaded after years of ISS, OSS and detentions.

DDD

DammitJanet

I LOVE Greatest American Dog! I would have been happy with whichever dog had won last night because I adore boxers but now have my own little havanese (which is related to a Maltese.) Interestingly enough, that lady who owns the Maltese lives in the same small town as Jamie and he has seen her around. He tried to get her to tell him who won before the end of the show but she wouldnt tell him...lol. She owns quite a few dogs.

I havent seen Raising the Bar because it comes on at the same time as something else...cant remember what right now. Too much TV and so little time! I do catch The Principals Office from time to time because they show it over and over again. I find it funny too. What I find even more funny is the fact that I am watching a show that should cause me PTSD!

everywoman

Loved Great American Dog---was so glad the boxer won---although I did like the Maltese too.

Haven't watched The Principal's Office---too close to my reality to enjoy--lol

muttmeister

I watch very little TV but I did watch Greatest American Dog. I was hoping the old guy would win but the boxer was a good second choice. I was glad the arrogant guy got kicked off. I liked his dog but he was a pain.
I"ve been seeing the promos for the new fall shows and usually I see one or two that I think I'll at least look in on but, so far, I haven't seen anything that I'm interested in. I like Boston Legal and NCIS and Numbers and the original CSI. I do watch PBS occasionally. Other than that I watch the news, Regis and Kelley, and the View. Thank
God for the library.

witzend

I've been watching Steven Bochco since Hill Street Blues. But, you know, I couldn't watch "raising the bar" because while some of it is true to life, Cutie Boy's hair would never be that long. A judge would seriously tell him to get it cut at some point in time and he would know that it would count against his client if he didn't. And, an attorney would never again stand a chance in the courtroom of a judge that he had dissed the way they show on the commercial. And the scene where Cutie Boy is screaming at his client, "Do you want to get another lawyer?" (Sorry, but Cutie Boy is no Andy Sipowitz, and he can't pull that off.) First off, he's got a little kid's hair cut, and he looks to be about 25 years old. So, he can have been out of law school 1 - 2 years. The guy had better get another lawyer! ;) Secondly, attorneys don't talk to their clients like that ever. They very calmly say, "I'm sorry, I think you will have to find another lawyer. I will file the papers with the court today."

DammitJanet

I cant wait to see this seasons CSI-the original. The promos with Grissom and Warwick are just so wrenching. "No Warwick NO!" "Warwick will be our ONLY case!" I just cant wait...lol. I also love NCIS. Mark Harmon is my Richard...lol.

DDD

The P.D. who worked to help easy child/difficult child the most looked like a small framed
40ish post hippie dude. His hair was much like the PD on the show. The
yelling in court is a bit "off" but the arrogance and capriciousness of the
Judge fits right in where I live. ;) DDD

by the way, husband thought he heard that the dog winner got a million bucks.
Couldn't be that much..........could it?????

One more thought, did anyone else think that the Boxer's owner looked
amazingly like the young Doctor that used to be on ER?? The guy who came from the very wealthy family, subsequently got into drugs and...I
cant remember whatelse since I wasn't a regular. To me, he looked like
he was his brother!

DDD

DammitJanet

Oh you are talking about Dr Carter...lol. He did look a little bit like him I guess in a sheepish cute sort of way. I think it is the smile.

I think the winning pot was a quarter of a million bucks.

F

flutterbee

I really like Flashpoint. I think it's new this season. It hasn't been on for a couple of weeks and I've been going through withdrawal. LOL It's on tonight, though. Yippee!

I've watched the two episodes of Raising the Bar and it's good, but I think I'm going to have to stop watching it. I always end up so angry at the way our 'justice' system works and how it becomes about winning rather than justice.

meowbunny

I kinda missed all the new shows this week. :( Has Fishburne started on CSI yet? I'm going to miss Grissome but what a replacement! Can't wait to see him fit/not fit in.

Just checked the schedule and can't find where Raising the Bar is going to be shown again. Anyone know of where/when? Thanks! I love Boccho shows.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
I am hoping Fringe will not be a disappointment, It's by the makers of LOST, and I need something to hold me over until February!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I like Abbey from NCIS - the goth chick that is a genius. The whole show is good.

I LOVE ...House. DF can't stand him at all.

I enjoy BURN NOTICE - I think Gabriel Anwar and that guy are a good mix I think Sharon Gless was the wrong person to be his chain smoking cigarette Mother - but she's okay.

I miss the one with the 2 brothers, driving around solving cases with demons and junk.....can't remember the name.

Monk is my favorite - it's almost over.

Lost 'could' me a new favorite depending on how much Amaze's boy is on there. I've gone back to Pootie Amaze - he's too much eye candy for me. I'm liable to blurt something out on a couch nap on a Saturday.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
OOH I can't wait for LOST... STAR were you saying you watched The Tudors? I saw an ad for it, looked really good.
I am so out of the TV loop.... My mother in law said this was the last season for ER? I may watch just because.
I love The Office. Grey's Anatomy kind of lost me last season.
I can never remember when anything is on! DUH... and I have DVR!

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
I got into the new cop show "Life" when it premiered last year, glad to see it's returning. Also liked "Dirty Sexy Money" as I am a BIG Peter Krause fan! (Loved him since "Sports Night" and totally dug "Six Feet Under")

Am a new fan of NCIS, Abby rocks. Also a new fan of CSI, getting caught up by watching the reruns.

Really enjoy "Saving Grace" and "Closer"

Into "Raising the Bar" and also "The Cleaner" Benjamin Bratt, mmmm!!

But with all that said.....sheesh! I don't watch too much TV do I???

Peace

DammitJanet

Oh I love The Cleaner...have loved Benjamin Bratt since he was on Law and Order. I also think I may like that new show The Locator. I watched the first couple of episodes and it seems like a neat kind of show.

Oddly enough I like to watch Dog the Bounty Hunter if I can catch him on.

The one show I will never watch...maybe I shouldnt say never but I havent yet...is Inside American Jails.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet - DF watched inside american jails - DO NOT WATCH IT - he said it would be better for me if I never even heard a commercial.

Star*

call 911........call 911
And I liked the CLOSER until the last episode..........

See Brenda Johnson has always been ALWAYS a by the book cop. And the last show had her doing a very bad thing to a very bad person and it left me questioning her as having a God-persona. She can kill a nasty drug dealer who is a cop - but can't/won't do the same to a rapist of a child?

It didn't make sense.

DammitJanet

Ive never even heard a commercial for it star...the closest I have gotten to watching one of those type shows is one called Women Behind Bars or something to that effect. I have only seen that one once or twice and it isnt harsh...it is more a "why they got there" type show. It may even be on Oxygen if I am not mistaken. I do seem to have a thing for crime shows...I watch Snapped, Forensic Files, The Investigators, and stuff like that but I really dont want to see inside the prison system up close and personal.