Nichole at the ER

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nothing serious, we don't think. She's been doubled over with gas pain the last few nights, and the reoccuring pain she has under her ribs on her right side she's had for months. Last night it was just too much for her, so painful she was having trouble breathing.

So she woke me up at 6am telling me boyfriend was taking her to the ER as soon as he got into town from work and would I watch the baby?

boyfriend just called. doctor believes it's likely her gallbladder. They're doing an ultrasound as I'm typing this. doctor gave her phenogrin (sp) and morphine for the pain.

So we should know shortly. Odds are they should send her home and then send her to the surgeon.

K

Kjs

geeez - there are several people I know with the same thing. Time of the year or what?

I had severe pain with my gall bladder. It was an amazing relieve once it was out.

Hope she feels better. Keep us updated.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yeah Jo it is. But when you're given morphine for pain you need the other because morphine is nortorious for causing severe nausea.

She's home. Seven gallstones. She's stoned from the morphine. But at least not hurting.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Daisy -

Okay Nicole - THIS IS YOU AUNTIE STAR SPEAKING -

YOU NEED TO HAVE THAT defective galbladder REMOVED.

I'm not even an EMT and I know you can live without it. (like a rotten x boyfriend)

-as soon as you are done being high from morphine....that is.

Sorry you are in so much pain precious! Get well soon!

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry she has been in so much pain lately. I am glad they know what it is and they gave her adequate pain medications for it. And the phenergan for the nausea.

I hope they can remove the gallbladder very soon. And that she heals from the surgery very quickly.

The hurtin' gallbladder IS like a rotten X boyfriend - you will feel so much better once it is gone!

I am so sorry you are hurting. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

Lisa, keep an eye on that baby. With her Momma on the morphine there is no way she can take care of the baby.

Susie

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay - I'm going to recant my submission and I'll explain why.

I got a PM from a dear friend who said - I may want to rethink my advice. She explained that having hers out only caused problems of gigantic proportions (everything runs through you) and that it wasn't a good choice. Diet changes are.

I wanted to bring this to light because I PM'd her back and said that THIS is how disputes should be settled her on the board. NOT in an all out -nail gluing match on someones post. I saw her logic, she was kind enough not to chastise my thoughts in public - and I responed in kind.

You know who you are - and I never had galbladder problems....but I thank you for your decorum.

So kiddo - Nicole - um......change your diet first honey and maybe you can avoid surgery. Hugs
;)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Starbie, Nichole and I both know about the diet changes. :) No hoo hoo. But with 7 huge stones in there, no way will the surgeon not remove it asap. Too high a risk for blockage.

I know you're supposed to also alter your diet after surgery. (low fat, no fried foods) I rarely fry anything, always been that way. She's been eating out alot this past year. But I don't stick to the diet alteration other than the avoiding fried foods and I do ok. (had mine out at 22) Easiest surgery I ever had.

Am going to remind her of Karma though. Her boyfriend's Mom had hers out a couple of months ago. Evidently milked it for all it was worth with everyone. But Nichole wasn't being the least bit empathetic with the woman even though I explained the "whys" of many of the things she was saying she was unable to do. So now my dear daughter finds herself in exactly the same position, only more so (more stones/more acute condition). So I boned Nichole up on all the after surgery No not otherwise specified. :D

Yep. Karma is amazing at times. lol

As for Aubrey......she's ok. The morphine wore off in about 5 hrs. Nichole has even gone to her evening class for the EMT. Although she did say if the pain grew any worse than the tender she was feeling before she left, she'd leave early. Doesn't want to find herself in that excruciating pain trying to drive 20 miles home.

Hugs

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
my friends daughter had something similar Xmas eve, and it turned out to be a cyst on her ovary. Hoping she feels better soon and you get a clear cut answer