Nichole Back At L&D

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This time I'm more worried than before. Good news is the cervix has not changed from her last check.

But......

These contractions are HARD, they're really painful (I can hear it in her voice to the point where she can NOT hide she's having one) Nichole is no wuss when it comes to pain, so I know they must be hurting pretty darn bad. She's had diarrhea, nausea, and chills this evening. Nothing to trigger any of it.....But those can also be signs of true labor. No fever. And we *thought* the kidney issue was under control....she was feeling good actually.

Procardia didn't touch it. Nothing. phht.

She's been good. Staying down as much as possible. Her husband has been good about helping as much as he can. She so much as makes an odd noise and he's at her side wanting to know if she needs to go to hospital.

I hope whatever they give her while she's there works and does so before the contractions cause cervix changes.

Oliver did well on his non stress test. But both when Nichole went for her shots on monday and then when she went for the non stress test......she was contracting. So guessing this is going to be an ongoing thing until he finally arrives.

Otherwise.......It's going to be a mad dash to hospital for me and husband in 2 cars. Him to pick up Aubrey and bring her back here. Me and easy child (that ought to be interesting) to go with Nichole to be there to coach her through labor.

I'm waiting on the phone call to tell me what's going to go down. Meanwhile I'm thinking how nice it would be if I could clone myself about now. :sigh:

Marguerite

Tell her to stay horizontal as much as she can, it could damp the labour down. The ongoing contractions do get very wearing. With difficult child 3 mine were every five minutes, for the last few months. And whenever I was trying to walk anywhere I'd get about two steps then have to stop and wait. Then another two steps... you get the picture. It was wheelchair for anything more than about 10 yards.

I also had to stay as calm as possible. The day of the really bad bushfires, the kids were getting panicky and I had to keep them calm. The contractions were strengthening though, because I couldn't keep the anxiety down. And I had to be vertical on the boat as they evacc'ed us out. Sitting on a hard wooden bench with the sky and the hillside a wall of flame is not conducive to staying calm! Once we got to the 'mainland' husband lay the car seat back and things began to quiet down again.

Marg

susiestar

Roll With It
Praying that labor calms down. How far along is Oliver? (And please tell me his middle name won't be Twist - it would be what my husband wanted! He wanted Wiz to have his initials be BVD!)

Do they still use breathine? It was some asthma medication that they gave me for preterm labor. I swear I thought I was vibrating the entire time. It was awful but it worked. I just looked up breathine and the generic name is terbutaline . It might be something to aks the doctor if they still use it. I know they used to do alcohol drips via IV for preterm labor, but they sure don't use that anymore.

Saying prayers for the safety of mother and child. And for you and easy child and the family too!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
They finally got the contractions to stop and she's on her way home again. She's 31 wks. And had the steroids to mature his lungs. We just want him to stay in there as long as possible.

Marg I think the bush fire would've done it for me. lol

I'm glad they're able to get them to stop. Although I know this having to make runs to the hospital every other day has got to be rough.

Susie I dunno if they still use the asthma medication or not. That one nearly sent me over the edge in a very bad way. Others they gave me made me feel as it my heart was going to burst from my chest. None did a thing for the contractions. I know they've been giving her one IV while she continues to take the procardia orally until they finally stop.

She doesn't even get to sleep late in the morning. She has an OB appointment. She has to still do her 2nd blood sugar test because her first one came up really high. Don't know if he plans to do that tomorrow or not.

She has been good about staying down and lying around. Which is why tonight surprised her. She'd been doing ok, then suddenly she wasn't.

You know I dealt with this soooo well as the mom to be going through it. But as the mother of the mom to be.........I've decided it's worse as I have to wait to hear what's going on and sometimes that can take hours. it's enough to drive you nuts. ugh Not to mention I know all the lovely things that can go wrong on top of it.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Waiting is ALWAYS worse, Lisa. ALWAYS. No matter what, if you love the person in question... Yeah.

I just saw this - she's on my mind a lot, and I'll just keep on praying.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Lisa -

I don' know nuthin about birthin no babies -------if Oliver came now he'd be okay right?

HUGS

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Star if Oliver is born now he has a good chance of being fine. He'd spend several wks in the NICU, probably some of those on a respirator, but he'd probably be ok. Odds go up the older he gets. There is an iffy time frame there in the 8th month, babies don't tend to do as well born in that month.....especially boy babies. They don't have a clue why that is, it's just what statistics show. We want him to have as little time on a respirator as possible (hence the steroid shots to mature the lungs) because the longer they need it, the harder it is to wean them off it and the more respiratory issues it can cause. But thankfully a lot of this has vastly improved in just the past 10 yrs alone.

Nichole is sitting in doctor office right now. She's doing the 2nd glucose test. She's less than thrilled, she'd rather be in bed. Don't blame her. Her plans are a nap once she's done. I hope her results are better on this test. Oliver is doing fine, she's measuring fine for how far along she is. Still blood in the urine, small amt, but no infection....that is finally resolved.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OKAY THEN - GOOD! I just remember ALLIYAH and MADISON being born like around 23 weeks and 26 weeks and them telling us there was NO chance and now they are 8 and 5........and now DUMBDUMB is pregnant with twins....and I hope they are girls so she gives them up for adoption.